“very good”
Review of Piccola Cucina

Piccola Cucina
Reserve with OpenTable
Piccola Cucina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 13,935 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: SoHo
Reviewed January 17, 2014

in search of italian food in the big city. found this, very cute, small but nice. very good food and tasted like Italy indeed.
satisfied and definitely full at the end of my pasta.

1  Thank mike r
There are newer reviews for Piccola Cucina

Reviewed January 9, 2014

This cosy little restaurant in Soho has the potential of being the neighbourhood gem that other reviewers seem to find it. The premises are nice (although a bit cramped), the athmosphere is good and the music is suitable to set the scene. I did however feel a bit like an alien. As much as this is a neighbourhood restaurant, I got the feeling it was a restaurant for friends of the staff. The service was ok, but it was provided by someone that was just doing their job, not by someone who wanted me to return another day. As for the food, the grilled meatballs were really good, whilst the seafood pasta was just an average pasta dish.

2  Thank Hildegull
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My wife and I wandered in late to this cute spot on a very snowy and chilly night last week...Lively crowd in spite of the weather..so glad to see pasta and sardines on the menu.....drank some wine...warmed up a bit and upon ordering was informed there were no sardines....now i think maybe the waiter might have said something beforehand...but who orders sardines???..so once i got over my sardine tantrum we had the nicest meal...and the server...Davide.... made a wonderfui comeback..the pastas were great.....and dessert was delicious...and we stayed and had after dinner drinks and coffees until just about midnight..wound up being a really memorable experience....not at all formal or stuffy...but friendly and tasty.....and the snow looked beautiful.....we'll definitely be back

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Our first stop in NYC for my 40th birthday trip. It's teeny-tiny. I counted 24 seats. The food was absolutely superb. Every employee spoke to each other in fluent Italian. This is the real deal. The grilled meatballs were very special. But not to be missed is the cannoli for dessert. Even if you're certain you don't have any more room in your tummy... Order it! You won't be disappointed. Divine. Two thumbs up.

1  Thank Shantbrad
Reviewed January 3, 2014

The food was great but with the restaurant being small and popular - we were cramped in and felt we were pushed through our meal quickly so we couldn't really relax which was a shame .