“Great, fresh food!”

Neighborhood: Financial District
Melbourne, Australia
“Great, fresh food!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner here after finding it on Trip Advisor. From the outside it's pretty basic and the interior is just a couple of tables and chairs but the food was very tasty and the portions were large (compared to portion sizes back home). We had Spicy and Tasty chicken and the Chicken with Sate Sauce. Both were delicious! Annoyed we found this place on our last night in NYC otherwise we'd be back there for sure.

Charleston, South Carolina
“Good middle-of-the-road Vietnamese food”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

In New York City, every neighborhood has hole-in-the-wall Chinese restaurants. Some of them are ghastly, and very much to be avoided, and some are little neighborhood gems, where if you know what to order, you can get some good hearty food while not breaking the bank.

A La Saigon is like that, but for Vietnamese food. There is no dining room to speak of, just a couple of chairs. But the food, which is nicely priced, is plentiful, and not bad. We asked for mild spicing, because we know that Vietnamese food can be crazy hot, and they did a good job of accommodating our American palates.

Kearny, NJ
“Generous portions and creative spicing.”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

On my first visit, I had the curry okra as my main entree and the soup with salmon--listed on the menu as fish and shrimp, but they made it special with no shrimp at my request. I also ordered an unusual ginger iced tea. Everything was prepared excellently with large quantities of vegetables and some tasty side pancakes with my order. This is a place where the entire family helps each other and where they remember you when you come back the next time. The place is just off Maiden Lane, one block east of Broadway--look for the first alley on your right and it's there. The grilled eggplants is another tasty entree.

New York City, New York
“Bare bones hidden gem”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The place little bit tucked in between maiden lane and Nassau st , THIS PLACE ROCKS !!!! Crispy seabass the fish impeccably fresh and delish. Friendly service all I can say this place is second to none . Highly recommended

London, United Kingdom
“Surprisingly Good”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I was looking for a place to eat late on a sunday night. Even Papa John's pizza was shut, leave alone any restaurants. I spied this small diner / takeaway and decided to venture inside. They serve one of the best oriental chicken dishes I have had - fresh veggies, well cooked and amazingly spiced chicked.
Recommended.