“Amazing Food and Excellent Service”
Review of Colicchio & Sons Tap Room - CLOSED

Colicchio & Sons Tap Room
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Cross street: Entrance between 15th and 16th St.
Transit: A, C, E & L @ 14th St and 8th Avenue.
Reviewed August 10, 2014

My husband and I had reservations here on a Saturday night. The atmosphere is really cool. You can be casual or dressy. The food was amazing. We definitely recommend the peach bread pudding if available! The service was outstanding. We were never without water, drinks, etc. and it wasn't over bearing. It was just the right amount of attention. Definitely worth the cost!

Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Had dinner in The Tap Room which was a very comfortable area in the front of the restaurant. The Fig, caramelized onion and rosemary pizza was a perfect appetizer for two of us. Followed by Risotto with fresh vegetables as an entree and bread pudding for dessert, I was totally delighted. The waiter was excellent and fun which helped to lighten the mood of a room full of rather stuffy, boring diners. They send you home with a delicious muffin for the morning.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

My husband took me here for my birthday last week and we had a stellar experience. They printed a personalized menu with my name, everyone wished me a happy birthday and of course the food was beyond! Great spot for a special occasion.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

My husband and I booked a table at Colicchio & Sons on a whim. The restaurant is near the Chelsea Market entrance to the Highline - perfect for a lovely evening of food, wine and a leisurely walk :-). Amazed at how stunning the main dining room was - enormously high ceilings and tables actually spread out nicely out; perfect for romantic or intimate conversations. Service was absolutely top notch and very attentive. The waiters and waitresses were able to strike that perfect balance of always being present when needed but not obtrusive or hovering. We opted to do the seasonal tasting menu and had a heavenly bottle of Sancerre. While I found the meal very good - I wasn't completely blown away. However, it was beautifully presented, had good flavors and all the courses fit together. Really enjoyed the oyster course and the grilled calamari. The disappointing item was the steak - far too salty :-(. Overall, still a place I would recommend trying and another checked off on my list of NYC restaurants!

Reviewed August 8, 2014

The food at Colicchio & Sons is excellent! 4th time I dined there and it never disappoints! It is a comfortable atmosphere even when dining alone. My service was outstanding from the moment I arrived. Just enough attention to feel well taken care. The prefix lunch is an outstanding value! I highly recommend this restaurant. And, for others like me with celiac disease, the waiter went out of his way to provide me with delicious gluten free bread, a taste treat of appetizers and made it a really fun dining experience.