“Lunch in Tap Room”

Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Cross street: Entrance between 15th and 16th St.
Transit: A, C, E & L @ 14th St and 8th Avenue.
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Lunch in Tap Room”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Really looked forward to lunch @Colicchios; booked from South Africa already! It exceeded expectations! Food was simple, tasty and delicious. Service excellent from everyone. The atmosphere warm, modern and vibey; and music beautiful! Thank you!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Amazing food & service!”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

This was my favorite meal in NYC! We ate in the Tap Room for a weekday lunch and everything was excellent. I ordered the chestnut soup, duck confit, chocolate cake, and apple cider mocktail. My husband ordered the tartare, pork chop, parfait, and two delicious beers. We were delighted by the flavor combinations, varying textures, attention to detail, culinary presentation, and great dining room music selection. Every course was exceptionally outstanding & the waitstaff (especially Dustin from Texas) went out of their way to make our lunch experience divine. My only regret was that we hadn't made an additional dinner reservation during our trip.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“I can not join the bandwagon”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I regret that I can not join the bandwagon of excellent reviews that this restaurant is getting. I was served about 9 different one bite small appetizers (amuse bouche); most were mediocre, a couple were good, none was outstanding. Then came a $75 white truffle raviolo which was served cold, not refrigerator cold but room temperature instead of hot, like it took too long to get from the kitchen to my table after it was prepared. Main course was roasted duck which was good, but certainly not excellent or outstanding. Desserts were ice cream and sorbet, ok but not great. I fail to understand why this restaurant is receiving such excellent reviews.

2 Thank francisco2pr
Amsterdam
“Outrageous prices for the wine”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We decided on the 4-course menu.But we didn't want a wine-pairing so looked at the wine list. It took us more than half an hour to decide on something decent that was not outrageously priced! The average wine was around $100,- or more.
The dinner started with some canapés, they were ok, not outstanding. The second course was the scallop crude, it tasted good but was WAY too much! You don't need 10 chopped up scallops to get the idea. For the main course I had the braised roasted ribs, they were very tender but nog too special. The desert was a chestnut cake, way too dry! I didn't finish it.
The atmosphere was hip, stylish. Service was not very personal, I think we had at least 6 different waiters.
All in all, I wouldn't go again.

4 Thank AmsterdamSusie
Sunnyside
“Wonderful Memories”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Fabulous atmosphere, wonderful service. And the food is spectacular. One of the best meals I've had in NYC since moving here 6 years ago. I've been there twice with family members for special occasions, and they always made it really, very special. A wonderful restaurant that I look forward to spending more special occasions at again in the future.

2 Thank Ballard B