“Expensive. Very expensive rooftop bar - great view, but beware” 3 of 5 bubbles

Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
London, United Kingdom
392 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 360 helpful votes
“Expensive. Very expensive rooftop bar - great view, but beware”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

The bar is in the Dream Downton Hotel - or rather, it's on top of it. The security to get in from street level is crazy and you have to go through several sets of security to get up to the top. There's a minimum spend of $150 per person, so that should tell you all you need to know about who gets in here. I was there and the place was full of guys in suits and well-dressed ladies who seemed to have one thing in mind - finding a husband. The music was ok - with a preponderance of hip-hop, though the place is actually pretty small and there's not a lot of space to dance. It's a trendy "cool" place to hang out for those with the cash... Beware - there was a pickpocket operating when I was there last night - and a friend lost their credit cards - and someone stole my jacket - keep an eye on your stuff and put everything you don't want in the coat check ($4 per item).

Visited January 2014
3 Thank Neil R

Buffalo, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Terrible customer service.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Came to stay at dream
Downtown to have a night out with my husband at phd. We came up early around 9, a girl escorted us to the bar asked for my credit card which I thought was to start a bar tab. The bartender gave us back a receipt for $300 with an added gratuity of $45 and was told that's the minimum bar tab we had to spend. I then left the club and went to speak to someone about refunding my card I couldnt believe what had just happened. The girl was so rude refunding my credit card and told me she would have to escort my husband out of the club, thankfully he had already left. And to think we stayed at the hotel to visit phd. And no apology from phd after I called to tell them how rudely we were treated.

3 Thank Jt1784
New York City, New York
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 135 helpful votes
“nice view of NYC , beautiful people with great music”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

best weekend brunch party!
al the great music and beautiful people are HERE!
if you like other clubs like lavo, catch, avenue etc you will love it here!

New York City, New York
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great views but that's about it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Depends what you are looking for. Met some LA friends for drinks and apps to catch up (4 male, 2 female) - all arriving at different times . No issues getting in but then again we went on off day (Tues) and early ish time.

Views are awesome and we were lucky enough to have our LA friends being awesome weather with them to NYC.

That said - drinks are good but pricey . Not impressed with being served in plastic glasses for $10+ drinks. Also, the service was lackluster and spotty despite the light crowd. I'd hate to think what it would be like prime hours.

Music rocks and I enjoyed myself but a lot had to do with the company I was with.

Boca Raton, Florida
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Fabulous view and a great scene”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

The view from this club is incredible. My friend and I visited on a Saturday night. We were on the list and bypassed the line, which looked absurdly long. Drinks are priced as expected, about $18 each. Great outdoor seating for bottles, and dancing and mingling indoors. They check your handstamp about 20 times, so security seemed to be pretty tight...

Visited July 2013