“What an experience, it just did not stop, excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of ABC Cocina

ABC Cocina
Reserve with OpenTable
ABC Cocina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #196 of 13,489 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: Broadway and Park Ave
“What an experience, it just did not stop, excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

I went with a group of about 14 people. We had reservations and someone took care of ordering the tapas. They were all excellent…some just amazing.

It has a very hip feeling inside. Owned by Michelin star winning chef, Jean-Georges Vongerichten, and he knows a successful concept. Very fun inside.

We came from a function and it was about 6:30 PM. We were incredibly hungry. The others arrived 20 minutes prior to our arrival. It appeared a course or two already had been served. As soon as we sat town, they did not stop - the courses of tapas.

To say they served pork and fish taco's would not do them justice. They were really tasty. Perfect. I cannot tell you all of the courses, but they included shrimp with sizzling garlic and chili oil, crunchy calamari with an ancho chili glaze, crispy fish tacos with a grilled jalapeño salsa, pork tacos, cashews, apples, and jalapeño chili pickle, beef tenderloin "burnt ends" and chimichurri sauce, and a rice dish. This was about half of what was ordered.

we also had something for dessert…it involved chocolate.

It was fun with a large group…I highly recommend this restaurant. It was a fine and delicious evening.

• Visited November 2013

• Korean first
New York City, New York
“Delicious and fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

We love ABC Cocina and because everything is small plates, we've probably tried nearly everything on the menu. We especially like the sangrias, the guacamole, the vegetables with brown rice which sounds basic but is anything but, and the fish tacos. The atmosphere is fun and whatever you order will likely be delicious.

• Visited September 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Good but not what I expected.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Silly me to expect Spanish cuisine when going to a restaurant with a Hispanic connotation. I was expecting to eat as I would in Madrid or Barcelona but it was more like what I would be served in Latin America of which I am not such a great fan of. I did enjoy the slivers of Jamon Iberico de Bellota which is a personal favourite, but surprised that they did not serve it with some slices of bread. Room is stylish but the noise factor was more than comfortable.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Denham Springs, Louisiana
“Great, Great, Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

From the food to the atmosphere, I really enjoyed everything about ABC Cocina. The interior design of the restaurant is worth a visit. The food and drinks were incredible as well. I attended with 5 friends for lunch. We all ordered something different but all agreed that the guacamole and fish tacos were our favorite. Really good sangria and margaritas.

Melbourne, Australia
“It's absolutely terrible.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

The only investment in this restaurant was done by marketing. I want to know how they were able to gain any good reviews at all. Once I arrived and was seated, the food they served me was incredibly horrible. The water they served in bottles had a strong smell of chlorine. When i asked if they filtered the water, the waiter said, "They triple filtered the water." what does that even mean? of course they would say that to avoid any conflict. The waiters were arrogant. Most of the customers in the restaurant were tourists, who were very anxious because they made reservations long before and when they arrived they could not get seated on time. It is really absurd that they are able to get so many good reviews because of a famous chef who was not even there. The owner, Paulette Cole, which apparently runs ABC Carpet & Home, is better off running the carpet business. ABC COCINA should be closed because it's bringing a bad reputation to the food industry in NYC. My rating is 1 star. Had there been an option for 0 stars, I would have chosen that rating. It's absolutely terrible.

• Visited November 2013