“So clean and great location ..”

Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
Ranked #139 of 466 Hotels in New York City
“So clean and great location ..”
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic location.Just 2 blocks from Time Square, close to Subway, great facilities (wifi, laundry, gym, cafe in house) and a thousand places to eat right at your door.
Try 2Bros Pizza 1 block up. $1 per slice and delicious for a quick snack before hitting the theatre or dazzling lights.
Friendly staff and very,very clean.
Took their car service to JFK when we left which was a nice way to end our trip.
Will definitely come back.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Davidlk2013, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. Yes, our hotel is centrally located to many of the attractions and transportation in midtown Manhattan. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with and will return the next time you are in New York. I will share your comments with our team.

Have a great weekend.

Director of Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This is a horrible hotel for the price it charged. Especially if you compare it with other Marriott Hotels nearby such as the Fairfield Inn. The room is small and not clean at all. The staff is not friendly. Try to avoid it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for giving us feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We are quite surprised that you stated your room was not clean and that our Staff was not friendly. Most of our Trip Advisor comments praise our hotel in room cleanliness and oustanding Staff. We had hoped that if you had encountered any issues in our hotel, we would have like to have the opportunity to rectify them before you departed. Please contact me directly, so I can further discuss any issues you might have encountered.

646.590.1005
Queens
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I truly did enjoy my stay. The staff was amazing. When I arrived my room wasn't ready just yet so the doorman took my bags and suggested I take a seat at the bistro. So I did and I ordered a meal and it was delivered by Towana who had the biggest smile and I know first impressions are important. She was excited and gave me that feeling that my food will be enjoyable. Great job chef and great job to management for training such a beautiful team. My room was amazing and I will like to thank the front desk for answering all of my wandering questions about NYC. I was there visiting with friends and family and I will recommend this hotel to others. Wonderful job.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank EDWARD B
Davidlk2013, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Yes, I believe we do have one of the most amazing hotel teams here in New York. They take great pride in providing excellent service to not only meet guest expectations, but to exceed them. Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Times Square West and sharing your positive comments about our Associates. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Big Apple.

Auburn, Alabama
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Great staff at this hotel--everyone was friendly. Clean hotel with no issues. Only drawbacks are: the rooms are pretty small. I know hotels aren't big in the city, however smaller in comparison to other properties I have stayed in (had trouble placing 2 large suitcases)--which is not a big deal if you are there to sightsee and not stay in. Also, not right on times square as the name implies but still ok location---3 Dunkin Donuts within 2 blocks!!
Overall, I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kellec4
I am sorry to hear you were assigned a smaller room than expected. New York City hotel rooms are generally smaller than hotels around the country. Please accept our apologies. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the services from our Associates and that you would choose us again. Please contact me directly on your next trip, so I can personally take care of your reservation.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed April 10, 2014

This hotel is within walking distance to central time square where are the broadway shows are located approximately 7 blocks from W 44 Streets. It is about 10-15 minutes walk. It is between 8th and 9th Avenue and on W 37th Street. This location is great if you prefer walking over taking the metro however if you want to take the metro the closet station to the hotel is Penn Station which is on W 34 Street and 8th Avenue; approximately 2-3 minutes walk. This is also a plus since I took the AirTrain and Metro from JFK to the hotel. It took approximately 45 minutes in total and cost US $7.50. If you are planning to take a Taxi to this hotel it would cost US$60 (toll and tip included). You can also take an airport shuttle from JFK to the hotel for US$29.95 via Go AirLink. I recommend the AirTrain and Metro - cost US$5 for AirTrain do not worry about getting lost there are a lot of green signs that directs you to AirTrain station. Get off Jamaica station take metro use E route as it is faster then the A route. Get off at Penn station and walk 2-3 minutes to this hotel. Also it took me 30-35 minutes to walk to Greenwich village from the hotel. As this is "courtyard" Marriott there is a desk in the room, free internet, and the room is a bit bigger. Even though, courtyard branch of Marriott is tailor more to business people I would say this location is quite family friendly. The bed was comfortable. There is breakfast, lunch and dinner available in lobby of hotel or room service is an option. The service was good at the hotel. On my first night, it was raining in NYC and I had a broadway show to catch so the hotel lent me an umbrella. As with most hotels in NYC, you will not have problem finding food to eat around the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Charlene H
Thank you for mentioning all the attractions which are centrally located around our hotel, Courtyard by Marriott Times Square South. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the services from our staff. Thank you for the high rating on Trip Advisor and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Big Apple.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed April 8, 2014

First, the staff at this hotel are excellent. We received such friendly and polite service from everyone we encountered. Arriving in NYC early in the morning of our reservation, we decided stop at the hotel to drop our luggage off while we explored for the day. We were pleasantly surprised when the front desk clerk said there wouldn't be a need to do that and that they had a room ready for us. We greatly appreciated the early check-in! The room was small (typical of NYC), but it was clean and comfortable and the wi-fi worked great. The only negative is that the elevators were a bit slow at times. There was also a needle exchange receptacle outside of the building next door, and that was a bit off-putting, but not the hotels fault.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
We are happy to hear you enjoyed the excellent services from our Associates and that we were able to assign you an early check in. I will share your comments with our Staff. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to New York.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 7, 2014

This will be a very short review on account of there being no flaws I would try to expose.

First of all, it's very clean and very comfortable as you'd expect from Marriott. The staff were very friendly but not to the point of being ironic, really helpful and courteous.

The room (in this case 2606) was a little on the snug side, but perfectly adequate and very well laid out and extremely clean as was the bathroom which was actually quite large all things considered...

Location is excellent, short walk to broadway / subway and the other million attractions.

Had free wifi which was reliable and also fast! not the mandatory rubbish free wifi some places give you. Good HD channels on the TV.

Exceeded my expectations and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Go as high up as you can, one thing to be wary of in any NYC hotel is the noise from the roads which...