“Wonderful hotel close to everything”

Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
Ranked #132 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Örebro, Sverige
“Wonderful hotel close to everything”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

Stayed five nights at this hotel and I must say it was one of the best hotels I've stayed at for a long time. The room were spacious and had everything I needed including comfortable bed, coffee maker, AC and safety box. Since the hotel is quite new everything was spotless an clean. All of the staff were kind and most helpful. We stayed at the sixteenth floor and we could'nt hear any noise from the busy streets down below. Also, the hotels sits close to almost everything. You have walking distance to many attractions and sights. If you need to use the subway Penn station is just a few blocks away. The only negative I can think of is that the lobby gets quite chilly when it is cold outside. But that is just a minor problem since you spend most of your time in the busy New York city and the nights in a comfy bed in your room.

Thank You very much New York, CbM NY TSW and staff for a perfect holiday. I hope to see you soon again.

1 Thank footek
Davidlk2013, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
We are happy to hear you had a great stay with us here at Courtyard by Marriott Times Square West. I do believe our hotel team is one of the best in New York. They always provide excellent service to exceed guest expectations. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to your next trip to the Big Apple.

Director of Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

3/6/2014

I received an email from the GM of this property to ask me about my experience during my stay. I don’t usually respond to emails that, but felt compelled to do so in this case.

I wrote that this property has a special flare, and stands above other Marriott properties. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful – front desk, cleaning staff & restaurant staff. It was noticeable, and I appreciate it.

I travel usually every week for work, and it’s nice to feel like a “friend” when you walk in the door, and are greeted by everyone. This doesn’t just happen by accident. The work that the management team at this property is doing, the leadership they are providing, is making a difference. I applaud them to keep it up! Well done!

As a leader in my company, I admire when an organization accomplishes what this team is doing. It’s hard work to get an entire team to do what they are doing. I aspire to emulate many of the traits I recognized as a customer at this Marriott property.

I will stay here again. I recommend you do as well. Comfortable, clean, reasonably priced, pleasant staff, good workout facility.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Travels4workalot
Thank you for the email and taking the time to share your experience here on Trip Advisor. I will definitely share your feedback with our Staff. We take great pride in providing great service to all of our guests here at Courtyard by Marriott Times Square West. It was a pleasure having you back at our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to New York.

David Lew
Director of Guest Services.
Washington D.C.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

Three of us stayed in Times Square West for three nights. The hotel room was nice with two queen beds, flat screen TV, safe, and a spacious and modern bathroom. Although our room wasn't ready until after check-in time, Patrick apologized and provided us with vouchers for a free breakfast at the bistro. That was the only time we dined in the bistro but the breakfast was quite good. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful, especially the bellman Adan. Not only was he helpful with our luggage and locating a taxi, he was very personal which made us feel welcome. The hotel is conveniently located to Penn Station, Times Square and the subway entrance on 35th and 8th. You can't go wrong with the Marriott Courtyard Times Square West!

Room Tip: Our room was located on the 9th floor facing 38th St. We didn't have much of a view as we faced...
1 Thank WashDCvisitor
Davidlk2013, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience as a Guest of our hotel. We are glad you had an enjoyable stay. Our Staff and I take great pride in providing excellent service that exceeds guest expectations. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to New York.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

This was the second time that my fiancee and I stayed here, and both times it was a great experience. The location is perfect (just 4 blocks from Penn Station and 2 blocks from the subway), the furnishings are new and modern, the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful, and the prices are very reasonable for Midtown. If you like a lot of space, this place may not be for you: the rooms are on the small side. But we both really enjoyed it and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
We are happy to hear you are a repeat Guest of ours. We are happy to hear both of your stays were a positive experience. Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Times Square West and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Big Apple.

Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

Great front desk service. Very nice room... although it was typical NYC size. The hotel was clean and well appointed. The breakfast was expensive but delicious. While I highly recommend this hotel, I have two negative comments: (1) Parking was a pain: it is off-site and not run by the hotel; (2) the housekeeping staff were exceptionally loud in the morning... literally yelling from one room to another having a 30 minute conversation... until my wife crawled out of bed, walked into the hall and asked them to shut up. That said, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your hotel experience with us. It is through feedback from our Guests where we can find room for improvement in our operations. Please accept our apologies for the noise in the hallway from our Housekeepers. I will share this with our Executive Housekeeper so this does not occur again. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to New York.

Sierra Vista, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

Best hotel we've stayed in in New York! Clean, comfortable, quiet, good location. And the staff couldn't have been more helpful. I didn't get names for everyone we interacted with, but Brendan in the Bistro and Don and James at the front door were friendly and accommodating. Highly recommend!

3 Thank Carolyn S
Davidlk2013, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you for sharing your positive comments regarding our service and Staff. I will share your feedback with Brendan, Adan, James and the rest of our Staff. We are happy you had an enjoyable stay here at Courtyard by Marriott Times Square West. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to New York.

Landgraaf, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

We had a lovely stay at this new hotel. Great and friendly staff, especially the doormen who were always willing to help and give us tips of where to go. Nice bedrooms and no noise at all, so a perfect place for a good night. Breakfast is very good and the girls are so friendly and helpful, every morning we had breakfast over there, unfortunately we did not find the evening menu that fabolous. It is a small menu so not bad when you're not planning to go out for the night.
We will be going there next year for sure!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank FamMaessen
Davidlk2013, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. We are happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay. Our Staff and I take great pride in providing excellent service here at Courtyard by Marriott Times Square West. We hope to see you again on your next trip to New York.