“Nice property and staff; small room with very loud A/C” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West

Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
Ranked #132 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice property and staff; small room with very loud A/C”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Pros
-The staff was friendly and helpful
-The property looks new and is very clean
-The location is convenient to Penn Station
-Free wifi

Cons
-My room was small; I was a little surprised by it because they offer rooms with two queen beds for the same price as a room with one king. No chance you could have fit two queen beds in that room--it barely fit the king.
-The a/c in the room was very loud. A loud but constant hum might have been okay, but this made more of a disruptive, labored noise.

Overall, it's a nice hotel in NYC for the money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
David L, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at our hotel. Please accept our apologies for the loud AC system in your room. We have made the necessary repairs to that unit. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our services from our Staff. We hope to see you again in on your next trip to New York.

Director of Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I recommend this hotel to everyone. Good service, good location, good guy James, so atencious. The room could be a little bit larger, but it worth it. Very quick check in and check out. Near of everything in Manhattan.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
We are happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel and its location. Thank you for the positive comments about James. I will share this with him and the rest of our Staff.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

The staff are very friendly and we were able to check in early, which was nice. Rooms are a little small, but clean. Good for a quick trip in the city. We had a really late flight on the last day and they were nice enough to keep our bags after we checked out to pick up later. Overall, pleasant stay

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are happy you enjoyed your short stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future for possibly a longer stay.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

Came to NYC to celebrate my 50th Bday with my Mom and sisters. Maria and Aribel from the front desk and Rosie and her staff from housekeeping decorated my room and had a bottle of wine waiting. Ryan and James were very helpful and funny. The ladies at the restaurant were so nice. Will Definitely return. THANKS!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Happy 50th Birthday! Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Times Square West for your special occaison. I will share your positive comments with Maria, Aribelys, Ryan, Rosie, James and the rest of our Staff. We hope to see you again in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed in a double queen room with my friends for the weekend. The hotel is brand new and looks like it. You walk in and the front desk staff are so warm and greeting. The young lady Amy was very informative & give great suggestions on where to shop. The rooms were spacious for New York. Very clean and I've been to some classy hotels and this marriott by far has the cleanest rooms. The young lady who brought coffee to me at 7am was an angel sent from heaven. She had such a beautiful smile and I thought to myself its extremely early to be this pleasant but she continued to look so cheerful when I passed her a third time in the fitness center. I asked where can I find some perfect bbq from around here and she told me Virgils on 44th is the best hands down. She suggest we ask for someone and when we did they took off 15% off our meal. I believe her name was Ariell because my friends and I started singing the little mermaid song. To say the least she was the best housekeeper ever. If you stay here ask for her she goes above and beyond. Great customer service skills. As far as the bistro that chocolate bartender was the sweetest very polite. When we were checking out the doorman James helped us get a yellow cab he even put all our bags in the trunk. The only thing I would suggest is a security guard that stands outside at night because believe it or not its alittle scary after hours. This hotel was great! I will be returning in October and I hope to have Ariell as my housekeeper and Amy's cutie pie self to assist me on arrival.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
We will be looking forward to your return to New York! Thank you for sharing your comments about Amy and the rest of our Staff. They will be happy to hear you enjoyed their service here at our hotel. Everyone here takes great pride in providing excellent service to our Guests. Please let me know when you will be returning so I can personally take care of your reservation.

Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

If you need only one night in NYC then this might be fine for you. Good location 5 minute walk OFF the Times Square strip, good amenities nearby and close enough to the cruise terminal (port 90). The rooms are clean and comfortable...however I'm afraid the service is seriously lacking.

Housekeeping needed to be reminded to bring extra towels and pillows we ordered before dinner. After walking to John's Pizzeria and then doing Times Square until quite late at night it was a drag to have to call again before the kids could get ready for bed. Happy to see the hotel offered guest laundry, I got up early to throw a last minute load in before our cruise. Finding I needed $9 in quarters to wash, dry and buy soap, the front desk staff just starred at me blankly when I tried to break a $10 into quarters. After I asked if they could call the manager or perhaps ask in the office or restaurant he suggested I "try the 7-11"...over a block away...at 6am. With so many options in NYC it's the little things...

Room Tip: Elevators are VERY slow...there's really no view so pick a low floor
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. It is through feedback from our Guests where we can find room for improvement in providing better service. Please accept our apologies and we hope this does not deter you from staying at Marriott hotels. Should you decide to return, please contact me directly so I can personally take care of your reservation with an upgrade.

Rincon, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

My wife and I for the first time in NYC, we found this very central and friendly hotel is located just steps from Time Squere and Penn Station, I highly recommend it as everything was well easy to get there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Yes, our hotel is located centrally in midtown Manhattan close to many attractions and transportation. We are happy to hear that you and your wife enjoyed our property and its services. Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Times Sqaure West.