“BEST VACATION EVER”

Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
Ranked #148 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My daughter and I had the most enjoyable experience at this hotel!!! Keith and the rest of the staff were so warm and welcoming to us. They couldn't do anything more to help make our stay better. This hotel is centrally located so that no matter where you need to go you can get there easily. The rooms are clean and comfortable BUT the staff is what makes this hotel such a wonderful place to stay! Thank you for helping to make our first trip to New York City so awesome.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank mtc8096
David L, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here at Courtyard by Marriott Times Square West. Thank you for the wonderful comment regarding Keith and our Staff. I will certainly share this with them. We hope to see you again on your next trip to New York.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,168)

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I made a reservation for this hotel on Groupon and am infuriated at the lack of customer service between the hotel and Groupon. I purchased 2 nights in the hotel and read the fine print and there was no mention that pets were not allowed. I go to print my reservation yesterday before I travel, and I discover an email that looks like a confirmation page was actually an email saying "we made an error and no pets are allowed" I immediately called and the hotel was not willing to cancel the reservation nor was Groupon. The error was made on their part and now I am forced to either find another hotel or board my dog in less than 24 hrs. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. The Groupon price that I paid is the same as if I booked right now on the website! There was no financial benefit and poor customer support in regards to an error that was made on the hotels end.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Brian S
David L, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Good Afternoon,

Please accept our apologies on the confusion with your Groupon reservation here at the hotel. I am sorry we do not allow pets in the hotel. If you would like to contact me with your reservation details, I will contact Groupon to cancel your reservation and issue you a credit.

Courtyard by Marriott Times Square West

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel is new and very nice. The location was great (between Macy's and Times Square). The subway was within 3 or 4 blocks either direction. The rooms were nice and staff was friendly. I would stay here again. I got a Travel Zoo price of $175. The only recommendation I could make is they should use softer sheets. Other than that, the stay was perfect. Lots of eating options near by.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Great hotel located in the fashion district. Just blocks from Times Square and Broadway. Clean cimfortable rooms. Nice bar eating area and beautiful staff...very attentive. I would highly recommend this as an afgordable new york option

2  Thank MichelleSellsTexas
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for five nights in June and were not disappointed. Our room was incredibly spacious and came equipped with free wi-fi which is quite a luxury for a New York hotel. Everything in the room was brand new and impeccably clean. Our room was next to the elevator but we had no issues with noise from the hall or neighboring rooms. The beds were extremely comfortable and my husband, who experiences back pain, had no issues getting a great night's sleep.

Location wise, this hotel is close enough to Times Square and the Port Authority Bus Terminal/Penn Station to get you anywhere you want to go, but far enough (about four blocks) from the craziness of Times Square in the evenings.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They greeted us each time we arrived back at the hotel from our day out and offered to help us multiple times with activities and tickets for plays and such.

I've stayed at the Marriott Marquis (a four star hotel) and though this is rated only 3 and a half stars, I was equally impressed and satisfied. We will definitely be staying here on our next visit and use the money we saved on theatre tickets and dining in NYC.

Great hotel, our home away from home!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lori D
David L, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

It is really exciting to hear that you consider our brand new Courtyard by Marriott Times Square West, your home away from home! Our Staff takes great pride in going above and beyond in providing great service to exceed guest expectations. Thank you for all the wonderful comments in which we will share with our Associates. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future!

Best regards,

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I hunted through the many travel websites for a great hotel deal in NYC by Times Square and ended up getting a Groupon for this find!

The hotel has only been opened for a month so everything is brand new. The first room we were given was a King that didn't have a sofa bed as advertised but it was immediately remedied. I was very worried about a room right in front of the elevator, but we immediately found out that the room was very quiet and sound proof. The room was spacious compared to other NYC hotels. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. Electrical outlets and USB jack is readily available from each side of the bed. There are computers and printers available in the lobby for flight checkins, boarding passes and we used them for reserving and printing tickets to sights and airport shuttle. There is a laundry facility at the basement but it's $4.00 for the washer and dryer each. There is a small fridge/freezer and WIFI was free!

We only ate at the Bistro as a last resort as there are a lot of available restaurants and cafes within walking distance. The buffet was disappointing as we didn't get downstairs until 10AM and the food was picked on. My son ended up ordering a $10 ham/egg/cheese croissant sandwich which he enjoyed very much. I ordered the eggs/bacon/potatoes/toast which was $13. The pototoes were cold (i think they took it out of the buffet) and had to be reheated in the microwave. Small bottle of Tropican OJ was $4. To be honest, our breakfast at McDonald's a couple of blocks away on our way to the Empire State Building was MUCH better. They served Starbucks coffee but we opted for the real deal as there's a Starbucks almost every 2-3 corners.

The location as great. 2 blocks from the subway blue line, 15 minute walk to Times Square and Empire State Bldg.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. I did have a small issue with housekeeping. Shampoo/Conditioner/Lotion were not replenished for 2 days. I finally had to call for some.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay here at Courtyard by Marriott Times Square West. We are happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are sorry to hear that some of the amenities were not replaced during your stay. Your comments will be shared with our Housekeeping Staff so improvements can be made in our operations. We are glad to hear positive comments about our Staff. We hope to see you again on your next trip to New York.

Have a Great Weekend!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

On a family trip to New York, we wanted to stay near Broadway and decided on this wonderful hotel. Friendly staff - always a smile! And accommodating - we had requested an early check-in (noon-ish), and a late checkout (1 pm) and no problem with either, which was greatly appreciated. Hotel is clean and modern. Rooms are large by NYC standards. Our room faced 37th St., but it was quiet at night. Great location - walking distance from so many tourist attractions and food. Great hair dryers! Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
David L, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

We are happy to hear your stay was comfortable and enjoyed our friendly staff here at Courtyard by Marriott Times Square West. Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor and we look forward to your next visit in the Big Apple.