“Great Place to have a drink”
Review of Salud Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Salud Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Cuban, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Financial District
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We had a sailing tour from Pier 17 and the same night I met with a friend of my living in NYC. She picked the place since it is close to Pier 17 but also she mentioned that it is a famous spot. We just had couple drink and thry taste very nice. I had Coconut Mojito and with my wife my friend prefered Mango Mojito. All of us were happy with our drinks. The person who took care of us was also friendly and she explained how they prepared the drinks. Along with our drinks we wanted some snacks but their snacks menu doesn't have wide range...We picked Fried Plantains and they cooked allright. The bill was not very high neither. So I strongly suggest this place if you want to hang out around Pier 17.

There are newer reviews for Salud Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed March 9, 2011

This place was FANTASTIC! the food is SO good, it was so well made and tasty! the atmosphere is adorable and cool, the service is super nice and the location couldn't be better. if your sight seeing in Southport, go here for dinner and drinks.

Reviewed September 1, 2010

the place is noisy and the food was salty and not very good. We couldn't hear the music and we were one table away. We sat near a small staircase and the waiters kept bounding up and down......not a calm environment

Reviewed April 7, 2010

There's many places in the south street seaport area to eat, but Salud is one of the few that is worth the money and worth the taste. First, the atmosphere is fun. Music is pumping, the inside is unique, and the outdoor seating is nice too. The food was delicious and the service was fantastic. I highly recommend this as a fun choice. It has an interesting 24$ pre-fixe menu that I did not buy from but looked very appealing.

Reviewed February 21, 2010

I've gone to Salud several times and everytime it was fine. I'm an avid wine drinker and I always seem to find a merlot I really like. I just went on thursday night and again it was fun. i met the new manager Eddie, real friendly guy and even gave me and my crew a free round being that we were the last ones in the place. The best is there horsdevors with plaintain and beef great or shrimp on a stick and there sliced steak, just terriffic with a good glass of Malbec, of which they had a good selection to. If you go on Thursday nights I believe they still have a Cuban Jazz band playing there. The only thing is I wish it was a little bigger. But hidden in the corner at Front Street, I guess i'm glad a million people aren't there when I go. I would definatly reccomend for a quiet little cool out during the week or a nice glass of wine on sunday eve and dinner or friday or sat night out on a date.