“it's great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bistro Cassis

Bistro Cassis
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Cassis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5,322 of 13,548 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
New York City, New York
“it's great place”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

nice atmosphere, nice pate, and the food is amazing!!!!! we love it every time we go there! lunches and brunches are our favorite!!!!

• Visited July 2013

New York City, New York
“Bistro Cassis - one of my faves”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I've eaten at Bistro Cassis several times, take friends each time. Have always had very good meals and friendly service. I have a few dietary restrictions so sometimes the accompaniments are things I cannot eat. I've asked for substitutes and the management has been very unwilling to make substitutions (has only done so grudgingly, if at all), until this last time when they were very willing. Perhaps they read the Trip Advisor comments! I still really like the restaurant and will continue to go back again and again, and all the friends I've taken have been very pleased.

1 Thank M B
Madrid, Spain
“Leisurely lunch”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is one of my favorite places to meet with friends for lunch in NYC. I must have been there 5 or 6 times, at least. The service is consistently reliably attentive and good. They do not rush us, even though at times they are very busy. The food is also consistently good. The menu had not changed for years, it seems. So one knows what to expect. The salads that come with sandwiches are always fresh, the portions are sufficient for us ladies. The breads arrive well toasty warm, which is a very nice touch. The coffee is piping hot, freshly brewed, which some restaurants just pour out from a carafe that is sitting there for ages. Lastly, the prices is very reasonable, for NYC . 225 Columbus Avenue. There are restaurants that charges twice the price as this bistro. Very busy on weekends, especially nice sunny days.

1 Thank mimi g
Potomac, Maryland
“French bistro, delicious food but disappointing service”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I had previously been here a few years back and remembered liking it. Went again tonight, and while i enjoyed the food, the service was very slow, which was surprising, given the fact that the restaurant was not at all crowded.

The food was very delicious...the fries were crispy and the portion was not too large (which I liked)... My filet of sole was absolutely wonderful. My friend's oysters and mussels were similarly delicious. The bread, butter and pate were delightful... And the wines were good, if a bit pricey ($14 a glass)..however, the service was SO slow... It took maybe 45 minutes for our entrees to come out...also took a long time for waiters to clear our appetizer plates. The waiter had to be reminded to bring some extra bread for the mussels too.

Anyway, I enjoyed the food but would think twice about returning...

1 Thank Lori R
Vermont
“Nice French bistro on upper west side”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Loved the location and ambiance. Great menu and specials. Service very attentive. Overal great experience

• Visited August 2013