“My French husband says 2 thumbs up”
Review of Casimir Restaurant - CLOSED

Casimir Restaurant
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: East Village
Cross street: between 6th and 7th
Description: Casimir brings the best of French bistro-style cuisine to the East Village one delectable dish at a time. The captivating restaurant offers dinner, weekend brunch, prix fixe dining and a host of specials that has made it popular with neighborhood locals and destination diners alike. Casimir’s décor, featuring an intriguing collection of signs, pictures, posters and knick-knacks, makes the dining room comfortable and inviting or a quiet dinner for two or a group of friends. Time virtually stands still for guests as Casimir’s attentive yet relaxed service allows diners to enjoy their meals at their own pace. During the warmer months, be sure to visit Casimir’s quaint garden seating area for a dining experience reminiscent of the eclectic bistros that dot the back alleys of Paris. Casimir is a timeless restaurants whose time has come.
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Authentic and yummy. Ate in the quiet backyard garden. Only dislike would be the dark bathroom - I mean dark as in candlelight only. I don't like when bathrooms are that dark- it makes me assume that it must be dirty. But aside from that, everything was great!

There are newer reviews for Casimir Restaurant

Reviewed April 13, 2012

Maybe the best steak I've had in NYC. French cosy atmosphere. Filet mignon was perfect and so was the side orders of carrots and salat.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

Awesome food at a good price. Waitors wer very pleasant and helpful and they brought up a little surprise when i told them it was my friend's birthday.
The only issue I had with the place (was probably only me) was that after some wine, my body heats up quite tremendously and I felt very stuff at the back of the restaurant and needed to get out for fresh air. I also found out later that the heater vent was blowing in my direction so I guess that didnt help, but they did turn it off.
Will definitely return again!

Reviewed December 16, 2011

We had a great time at this cute French bistro in the East Village. Food was delicious and reasonably priced (was this NY?). We had the country pate as an appetizer and the special dinner salads - both fantastic. I had the duck - which had wonderfully crispy skin and was served with roasted potatoes and a frisee salad. I don't remember what my dinner companion had as i was so engrossed in the duck. The dessert was the only lackluster part of the meal - I went with the chocolate cake, which was a bit dry. Next time I'll try the creme brulee. The atmosphere is typical french bistro - small intimate tables, comfortable, and casual. Service was great. I'll be back.

Reviewed November 5, 2011

We went for a family dinner Worked out very well. My kids, 16 and 12, both found food on the menu that they enjoyed, and we found plenty of choices that would fit the French we were looking for. Cassoulet was well done. Steaks were good. Pate, Onion soup like sitting on the Seine.

Service was good too.