“Go somewhere else!!!”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: SoHo
Reviewed March 11, 2012

After reading good reviews, we decided to give it a shot. WOW! YUCK! I am a vegetarian and this place sucks. We both got different versions of the ramen and each ate less then than 1/2. The flavors are not good and it was a total waste of $40. I will NOT be going back here again. EVER. There are so many GREAT places to eat, don't waste your time here!!!

Reviewed February 23, 2012

Visited the Sho location. Never knew macrobiotic could be so tasty.

Reviewed April 12, 2010

This restaurant, where I have eaten 100s of times, suffers from the labels "macrobiotic" and "vegetarian" (they do serve fish) because people assume the food will be bland. Instead it is superbly prepared with lovely seasonings that compare favorably with any top restaurant. The food is so fresh and clean the genuine taste comes through. No matter how frequently I eat here (sometimes daily, weekly) I am always delighted. The service is another thing--my son describes it as "Zen." It's often spacey, but I'm willing to put up with it --I just get up and ask for what I want--because the food is so good.

NOT to be confused with the Souen on Union Square, which has a great menu but has fallen down in recent history--dirty, smelly, chaotic where this Souen is sparkling. Enjoy!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 28, 2008

Blech! Boring macrobiotic food. Overpriced

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 13, 2007

good vegetarian restaurant~. I personally like the atmosphere in UNION SQUARE much better. Food that is good for u!