“Edible”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: East Village
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Let me start off by saying that I don't go to the East Village much. It's not really my scene but I enjoy it every once in awhile. We happened to walk by Virage and my boyfriend is from Europe and thought it looked like a good place to try. We were promptly seated and the waiter started off by telling us that they were running low on most of the specials. Keep in mind it was only about 8:15. We didn't bother with any of the specials. To start, I ordered a St. Tropez and my boyfriend a Stella Artois. We shared a starter...a feta crostini. It was quite good. Actually, it might have been my favorite part of the meal. I probably would've been happy eating that at the bar with a St. Tropez. I ordered the chicken kabobs and my boyfriend ordered the strip steak. The chicken came on top of a salad that I didn't eat. The kabobs were pretty much ONLY chicken. There was a tiny piece of an onion on the end of the skewer and two tiny pieces of peppers. It came with a pretty good tasting dipping sauce. It also came with a side of hummus. I don't eat hummus but my boyfriend had some of it. It also came with a side of saffron rice, which was pretty much tasteless. My boyfriend's steak came with a choice of sauce/seasoning so he ordered the garlic and parsley crust. It was a nice touch. His steak also came with fries...they were average fries. The atmosphere was kind of cute. I don't think they really accomplished the vibe they were going for. The service was ok...the server was a little odd. It's probably safe to say I won't be back.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were walking around the East Village/Lower East Side and wandered into this place after every other place we stopped at was an hour wait. We were worried that because there was no wait that maybe the food wasn't any good. We were wrong! Very wrong! My husband and I had a fabulous brunch and even lingered a little to enjoy it!

We both did the Prix Fixe brunch that comes with a free bloody mary, mimosa, bellini or sangria plus coffee and an assortment of muffins. I had the goat cheese fritatta - holy goat cheese, batman, that was awesome! Lots of goat cheese with delicate asparagus pieces and roasted red pepper. Exactly what I needed after a long night the previous evening! My husband had the chorizo and eggs and by his silence, I could tell he was really enjoying his meal!

Service was great and the atmosphere was super laid back with none of that New York posturing you sometimes get. It was great!

Reviewed August 28, 2012

My hubby went by this restaurant on a whim while visiting one Monday evening. The waitress, Crystal was warm and attentive. She made some suggestions like the serano ham wrapped dates with mozzarella in a balsamic demi-glaze....so utterly fantastic, I dream about it and can still taste it to this day! I also had the salmon with vegetables while my hubby enjoyed the Chicken Tangine, both of which were excellent. I cant wait to return to this wonderful restaurant! Im going to have to make trips into the city once a month! haha! no, seriously!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Great menu choices on one page! You can have your brunch done in Moroccan, middle-eastern, Mexican or plain ol American all for under $20 including coffee and a drink! Your dining Companions will be as eclectic as you would expect for a restaurant in East Village. service is smooth and efficient. The wait for a table on a busy Sunday afternoon was only 10 mins as promised. Oh... And the brunch was very good - i has a huevos rancheros. my poached eggs were done perfectly, and my beans were nice and spicy. Definitely worth it.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

We spot that they offered gazpacho on a hot July afternoon and were not disappointed. The other meals were also excellent, the waiter very friendly. Definitely recommend