“Meh...” 3 of 5 bubbles

Neighborhood: Manhattan
DC
“Meh...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2009

I'm sure there are better tapas places, and I'm sure there are worse. The food was good, but not superlative. We ordered 4 dishes, and two of them stood out for very different reasons. The spinach and manchego empanadas were divine. Alas, the bacon-wrapped dates were overcooked dates wrapped in a long strip of undercooked bacon. The atmosphere was lively--especially if you are sitting at the communal table--and the staff friendly. Much to our surprise, upon handing our Visa card to the waitress, we discovered they ONLY accept American Express (seriously?). Luckily we happened to have cash on us. Overall a nice place, but not a standout choice.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

new york
“Not worth it!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2008

The food is average, the place is extremely noisy, dark and kind of dirty, service is good.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great food but the music...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2008

Great food but the music is incredibly loud.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Huh, I am surprised by the reviews. I haven't been here in awhile, but really did enjoy the food here the several times...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2008

Huh, I am surprised by the reviews. I haven't been here in awhile, but really did enjoy the food here the several times I went.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Not the best tapas bar I've ever gone to. It's hip and tries to be rustic.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2007

Not the best tapas bar I've ever gone to. It's hip and tries to be rustic.