“Neighborhood Gem”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Wonderful food and service. A little higher priced than other Thai restaurants, but well worth the price. They have some unusual dishes and are very ample amounts. Will definitely be back!

1  Thank Lois R

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Le Souk is perfect if you are only there for drinks and hookah. It has the ambience more of a lounge than a restaurant. I took my husband there for a surprise dinner. Well the surprise is on us! First off, the waitresses are totally inexperience. The service was a little slow and the food is mediocre. The waitress at least in 3 separate occasions brought food that were ordered by other tables around us, our drinks never came, probably went to another table and the salad never arrived until I called the manager and explained the situation. The manager stood in disbelief as I told the him my gripe and offered as a consolation to give us free drinks. I refused to take it but if I am paying for services and food then the quality of service should also be provided. The salad came in the middle of our dinner and we opted to have our desserts to go.

Not impressed at all!! The food as I said is mediocre.

2  Thank Shay N
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I wish I did not have to write about this experience because I really want to forget about it, but I am inclined to do so to prevent others from giving this place a chance.
My friend and I chose this place because it looked appealing and with available seatting. We were seated outside at our request and were offered drinks. We ordered a bottle of wine that arrived with FILTHY glassware. I pointed that to our server and he seemed mortified, offered to replace it ad came back with stained, wet glassware without clearing the filthy one. We proceeded to let it go and ordered food. Our salads arrived. We did not have silverware. We had to ask for it. In fact our server never returned to our table. Our main courses never arrived! You know this is one of the situations when you just leave cash on the table and leave, but we decided we were not going to do that. We asked for our bill at least three times and the backwaiter said that he was sorry, but our server was just 'too slow'. Finally we had to go inside the restaurant and pay...and they could not figure out how to charge us only for what he have consumed! They finally 'did'. We left to then realize that they had charged my friend's card twice! My friend went back trying to make things clear, to get his money back...and they 'did not know how to'. I could go on and on about how unprofessional, incompetent this place is...I mean, one of the female servers was wearing a cross body purse! The manager was never aware of the situation until my friend returned to try to get his money back.This place is not out there to even provide mediocre service, we just did not get any.I wonder what the real purpose of their business is, because they do not have a clue about how to run a restaurant. You go to a restaurant to have dinner...to get some food. And they failed to deliver, atrociously.

5  Thank lovefortrav
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We had a great time despite some poor reviews. It is a bar in the evening so if you go early and avoid the crowds it's great. It was my first Mediterranean experience and the food was fantastic. Check on Groupon before you go, we found a half price deal.

1  Thank Jason C
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Food and service was great. There was five of us having dinner and we tried four different meals and we shared each one so everyone had a chance at all the different flavored. The restaurant was a little dark lights very dim asked to be moved to table by the window.
All and all would recommend to try it Guess I found another kind of food I like