“Noisy but very tasty”

Agozar Cuban Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Agozar Cuban Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,966 of 14,125 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Cuban, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: Bleecker and Bond Street
Transit: 6 Train to Bleecker St station F train to Broadway/Lafayette
Description: Agozar! Means to have a great time, and you will in this hip Cuban restaurant and Lounge offering the best in Cuban cuisine and Latin drinks. Happy Hour Monday- Friday, Monday All Night! Buy 1 Get Free Drinks and Tapas Agozar!. Now open for Lunch! Take a tour of the restaurant by clicking the link below. Agozar Virtual Tour
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We happened on Agozar when we were looking for a place to eat near the New Museum of Contemporary Art. What a delightful find! It was brunch/lunch time and we took advantage of the special price that included a luncheon dish and all-you-can-drink sangria. My husband enjoyed his fish tacos and I had a very tasty burrito. Our waiter was very attentive, food arrived quickly, and we admired the colorful decor. The only downside was the noise...there were a couple of parties who kept getting louder (the sangria, perhaps?) and the acoustics seemed to amplify it.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Lively and colorful eatery with quite authentic Cuban food. I loved the plantain chips and black bean hummus. The camaronos al ajillo entree was delicious, Considering where you are (NYC), the prices are quite reasonable. I really liked the ambience and art at this venue.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

So the Cuban food here is VERY hit or miss. The other bad point... expensive. I've had really decent meals from here, but lately, it has all been downhill. The portions are SO small and the food of very low quality. I can't really come up with a reason to eat here or to come back. You're better off skipping it three times and just flying to Tampa for some proper Cuban food.

1  Thank al_alvarez
Reviewed October 10, 2013

had a pre-theater dinner here on Sunday night; we arrived at 6 and were seated promptly since there was nobody in the dinning room. We told our waiter that we had to leave at around 7:15 and he kept us on track. The tapas were great; had the plantain chips with guac and black bean sauce, the Gambas with garlic sauce, escabeche (fish tacos) which were terrific and the chicharon de pollo and two bowls of black bean soup for 4 people which was enough. The classic mojitos were good not too sweet. We didn't do the Happy Hour but probably should have because of the early hour. But booking through reservation Genie got us a free Tapas and 15% off our future bill.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

The only reason I can give Agozar an "Average" instead of "Poor" is because a friend and I were in a rush, and I'm not sure the staff really understood.

After waiting ten minutes to be waited upon, we were forced to say we had only fifteen or 20 minutes, so please could they rush. Having ordered salads, we assumed that they were already made and needed only to be plated. I guess not! The greens I ordered, with raspberry vinaigrette (which tasted quite fresh and not too sweet) did not have tomatoes listed as one of the ingredients, so I asked for them to be added. The food came, with tomatoes on the side, cut as if for hero sandwiches, NOT cut up and put into the salad. So weird. But what was worse was, the tomatoes were yellowish orange, not red and ripe. So disappointing. I wouldn't go again.

By the time the food finally did arrive, we immediately had to ask for it to be put into bags to go, because they had taken so long. The proprietress came to the table and said "You said 15 minutes." I had to respond: "Yeah. That was 15 minutes ago..." Not impressed at all.