“Get here early!”

Agozar Cuban Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Agozar Cuban Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,084 of 14,144 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Cuban, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: Bleecker and Bond Street
Transit: 6 Train to Bleecker St station F train to Broadway/Lafayette
Description: Agozar! Means to have a great time, and you will in this hip Cuban restaurant and Lounge offering the best in Cuban cuisine and Latin drinks. Happy Hour Monday- Friday, Monday All Night! Buy 1 Get Free Drinks and Tapas Agozar!. Now open for Lunch! Take a tour of the restaurant by clicking the link below. Agozar Virtual Tour
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have been to Agozar many, many times, for lunch, happy hour, and dinner.

Lunch
Good prices, good food. They are usually pretty empty for lunch, and the waitstaff tends to be very laid back. Not great for when you have to be in and out in 45 minutes. They are always super nice, you just tend to have to get up and find them if you need anything.

Happy Hour
Always a good time, as long as you get there early enough for a seat at the bar. Agozar gets packed at the bar after 6. The drinks and select tapas are half price. Ron, the bartender, is so sweet. We have been going to Agozar for happy hour for years and really appreciate his conversation and drink mixing skills. He remembers the way we like our drinks and makes them special every time.

Dinner
I have had dinner at Agozar one time. It was good food and a beautiful atmosphere, but the prices are a little high for this to be anything but a special occasion. I'd honestly rather get half priced tapas at the bar.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

This place is GREAT! The tapas were good! Service fast and drinks from my favorite Bartender Ronnie are always on the money. Great place to Hang on thursday for dinner and drinks and even better place on fridays for socializing. Highly recommend!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I met up with some friends at Agozar for dinner (ribs were amazing) and to our surprise not only was the food awesome ( I should know because I am 100% Latina ), but we did not have to leave the restraurant to find a bar for drinks and dancing. We almost close the place down. We give it five stars and can't wait for another fun night at Agozar. Bravo!!!!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

A bit expense, but the place is good. Great location, good food, nice energy. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I love tapas restaurants, but this experience was average. On a positive note, the inside is very cute with good conversational music and dimmed romantic lighting. Service was attentive without being pushy or rushing you out the door. We were immediately seated in a secluded little corner making it a intimate dining experience for the two of us. We ordered four different tapas. I will say that the plantain chips and salsa (Mariquitas) were amazing. The salsa or the black bean hummus didn't seem freshly made, but the chips completely compensated for it. They were divine. We also ordered the Flautas, which were well seasoned beef in a crispy tortilla. I would recommend these, but I have had better. I wasn't impressed with the crispy eggplant and goat cheese (Milanesa). It was unexpectedly dry, bland, and lacking a sauce. Lastly we ordered baby back ribs (Costillas). My boyfriend liked them. I, however, felt that the barbecue sauce that was used was a little too sweet for my liking. I think it is worth trying since the tapas are fairly inexpensive for NY prices. It likely won't be your favorite cuban restaurant, but good for a relaxed night out.