“Yummy vegan menu on the lower east side.”
Review of The Organic Grill

The Organic Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Organic Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,830 of 14,202 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: East Village
Cross street: 7th Ave
Transit: F, 6, N, Q, L train are all close
Description: We are proud that 99.9% of our foods, drinks, pastries, and desserts have been prepared using clean, sustainably raised materials. We are committed to promoting organic agriculture, and supporting local growers and artisanal food producers whenever possible
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My daughter just moved to the neighborhood and we were looking for a place for dinner that was vegan friendly. This restaurant was recommended to us by a couple of people we asked on the street. Being the vegan diner in the group, I loved it! Although they do offer fish on the menu, my husband and daughter also chose vegan entrees. We shared the pizza on the specials menu which was delicious. The crust was made out of spelt flour I believe, and had a lovely hint of pumpernickel in it. Very filling. We also shared the slider sampler. All 3 were very good, maybe a little overwhelmed by the hearty bun. We were too full to try their desserts. Our server was extremely friendly and helpful!

1  Thank NewJerseyBitsy

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Great sunday bunch for veggies and vegans. Most everything you could order with organic eggs or tofu scramble. They have fresh juices as well that you can make your own combination. They had GF items as well. Super small place, but very friendly and laid back. We booked in for brunch, which was a good thing as they were full at noon on a sunday. Anytime I am back in NYC I'll be having brunch here again for sure.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had read mixed reviews about this restaurant that a friend recommended recently.
We enjoyed it very much..lots of vegan choices..funky,cosy atmosphere. The buns and breads were excellent and not white and commerical and the Green Machine burger was amazing..the waiter was helpful and energetic. We are looking forward to going back there soon

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We had a quick, late lunch here and appreciated the selection of veggie and vegan choices. The decor and presentation is all pretty laid-back, which is nice. It was very quiet, so we got the full attention of the only staff member. We would definitely go back.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Visited with my mom, my baby and my friend, all of us being vegans. We were excited by the brunch options on the weekend. The place is also NYC small, meaning we had a hard time fitting our baby stroller in, even folded up. I never feel comfortable leaving it outside like many do. They do have a high chair available. I suggest calling and reserving a table if possible.
The prices were what you would expect in the city. A juice was $6. I got a special with GF pancakes and soy bacon/sausage with a side of tofu scramble. The pancakes were good. The scramble was a little dry. The portions were pretty large and I didn't finish my plate, even sharing it with my baby. My mom occassionally eats eggs and enjoyed her frittata very much.
All in all, we had a pleasant experience. We would consider returning again if we were in the area.