“Excellent Thai food”

Cuisines: Thai
Neighborhood: East Village
Neighborhood: East Village
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Our friend recommended is this place - ordered a set menu - Tom yam gai and green curry chicken. My wife has the glass noodle with pork. Both were very good this food and spicy too. Ended with a mango sticky rice- splendid. Highly recommend this place for authentic Thai food.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I only tried one dish here -- Green curry with tofu -- and it was far from the best I've had. The veggies and tofu were nice, but the dish was really greasy, which is weird for a Thai curry.

That said, the service was fantastic and the vibe of the restaurant is cute. I walked in and ordered my food to go. They sat me at the bar, gave me some water, and my food was ready and packaged in under ten minutes.

I won't base the whole review on one meal, especially considering I just got back from spending two months in Thailand and was clearly spoiled with the ultimate authentic Thai. So while this won't be my go-to place in NYC for Green Curry, I would be open to trying something else. I guess I suggest trying it out but passing on the curry...!

Reviewed July 12, 2012

#1, get yours an Asian Cocktail! Whatever it is, it's probably one of the best Cocktails that I've ever had.

As for the food, A-1. The Spicy Basil Fried Rice & Beef Satay are beyond a go! Plus, if you have the Scoutmob app, you get a 50% discount off of your purchase not including Cocktails and/or the Lunch Menu.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Food was reasonably priced, but the fried calamari appetizer was too small & the crab meat fried rice was just a big mound of rice. A bit of a language barrier here, as requests had to be repeated & some things were wrong. Not much atmosphere, sort of a dive, even though I've been told the place has been renovated.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

I visited this restaurant in NYC on March 17, 2012 with my daughter and friends. It had an "A" rating so we figured we couldn't go wrong and with it being St. Patty's Day we were pleased to be able to find a place not packed. I ordered a Mango Mojito to start. It was terrible, it wasn't sweet at all and it did not taste like Mango. The server was kind enough to get me another drink, the Lychee Mojito was much better. The three of us that were there first ordered our food and we enjoyed our food. A 4th friend showed up after we had eaten and she ordered the Chicken Terriyaki, a classic and simple dish. My daughter ordered a desert, fried ice cream, but had to send it back because it had chocolate syrup over it and she is allergic to it. Our 4th friend received her plate and as she's picking through the vegetables she finds something that she is not quite sure about. She asks me to look at it and what I saw was a full caterpillar. Apparently the vegetables were not properly washed and the caterpillar got cooked with the vegetables. My daughter ran to the bathroom because she got so sick. When we called the server over to look at what we found she was very rude and told us to wait. When she turned around to look at my friend's plate she said she would take the plate and bring her a new one. We asked to speak to the manager and she said she'd be right back. She came back and said her manager said my friend's plate would be free. This was not okay with us. My daughter got up and went to the back to ask to speak to the manager and she was told their was no manager on hand. After several words were exchanged my daughter advised them we would not be paying for anything and we left. This is not a place I would ever recommend to anyone and the "A" rating in the window from the Health Department no longer means anything to me.

1  Thank Liz R