“Worth another visit”

Neighborhood: East Village
Singapore
“Worth another visit”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We went there for a late dinner so there wasn't a wait for a table. The food was good. The service was alright, everyone was pleasant and friendly. I enjoyed the Mascarpone Ice Cream dessert best.

• Visited July 2012

Chicago, Illinois
“Waiting too long for something OK”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

The place is famous for the brunch, so we went there. And we waited and waited. And, after waiting, we waited some more. And then, we we thought the waiting was done, we waited some more. And no, I'm not just repeating myself, I'm talking about hours in front of it. The huge problem however, was not just to wait - but wait for something not worth that much time. The food is good, but not that good. The place is very small with tables and chairs everywhere they can fit.
I'd say it is a good place to go if you could just get there, sit and eat - but you can't. And you can find things just as good in bigger and comfortable places where you don't have to wait for hours. In my opinion, there's too much talking because of the owner (apparently some name in the food business), but, hey, I don't eat names, so I'll give it 2/5.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Diogo P
Zurich, Switzerland
“Totally overrated for brunch”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We were 20 min before the opening hours in front of the restaurant and had to cue up a bit. Usually a cue in front if a restaurant is a good sign, but in this case it wasn't.

The Restaurant
It is easy to find with its pink entrance. The room itself is rather small and fully packed with tables.

Staff
The Staff was friendly and helpful

We were there for the "famous" brunch. The so called smooth omelet which i hade was a joke. Even i can do it better. No spice at all and the presentation was not "Big Apple" like. I also ordered "The Hot Chocolate". It was rather warm than hot and the hot chocolate we had during my "army service" was 10 times better.

My Girlfriend had the "Granola". Also this dish you can do it better by your own. Only bananas on the top (no other fruits), badly presented and the flavor was only ok.

The price for what you get is just to high. Don't go there, New York has much more to offer than PRUNE.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Karo8032
pittsburgh
“Cute, good and a line-up”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Pretty good food, nothing mind blowing. We got the ricotta small plate; (the ricotta was a little dry) the biscuits were delicious. My clam omlette was simple and good. I didnt think the clam would be fried, but it was. The service was prompt and the seating really tight. Get there early to be in the first seating, tho no alcohol til noon on sunday...

• Visited April 2013
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Great brunch in the East Village.”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Last time I visited NYC I ended up going to Prune twice, the reviews are right, on both occasions I was not disappointed. On my first visit I ate a great cheese burger for brunch and we shared two excellent deserts, I highly recommend leaving room for desert. The staff is friendly and attentive, they sat us quite quickly … we made a reservation on our first visit and I guess I got lucky on the second. If you are looking for inventive brunch/comfort food this is the place to go.

• Visited June 2012