“Delicious, Hearty Veg Comfort Food with a Rock n Roll Soul”
Review of Kate's Joint - CLOSED

Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: East Village
Reviewed January 10, 2012

My boyfriend and I dined here recently, and we adored our meal. The flavor and style of the fare matched what we were craving perfectly, and the atmosphere of the joint was simply cool. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed August 8, 2011

My friend and I were here one day for brunch. I got the tofu scramble and it was just so-so. She got the eggs Benedict (also vegan) with soy cheese and she said it was gummy and tough at the same time. I've been to most of the veg restaurants in manhattan . I had wanted to visit kate's for a long time and was bummed it wasn't anything to write home about. The best part was the old building where they are located. It was pretty cool inside. Other than that, I have no reason to return. Sorry.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 22, 2007

mash potatoes that is all i have say.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed November 15, 2007

a vegan joint meat eaters would eat at

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed November 30, 2004

Ahhh, Kate's. Everything we tried was delicious. On our 2 day trip to the city we ate at Kate's 3 times. My group ordered and all shared: mock popcorn shrimp - tasty, amazing tofu dish (not like shrimp to me); mock calamari - chewy, salty, excellent leftover munchy; sweet potato hash with collard greens and eggs with cheese - very unusual but excellent combination; vegan french toast; tofu scramble, also scrambled eggs; southern fried cutlets - yum, yum, yum; un-turkey club - mmmmm; chili; cheesecake & cookies. What a nice treat to eat at Kate's. Choice of vegan or egg/dairy with everything. Relaxed atmosphere - stay a while.

3  Thank PeanutButterNJelly