“amazining bad service”
Review of Pylos

Pylos
Reserve with OpenTable
Pylos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #530 of 14,144 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: East Village
Reviewed December 22, 2013

had brunch there. we arrived at 11:30 and were first (and for awhile only) customers. service was terrible in multiple ways. server never looked our way so had to call him several times - he was in conversation and couldn't be bothered. food took very long time to come. asked for coffee and he didn't bring it. busboy asks if we're done way too early. music so loud had to ask them to turn it down. food ranged from OK to good - certainly nothing special. but that service !!!!

PS - i've ordered egg white omelettes many times. first place that charged a few dollars extra for the separation.

what a show !!!

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Very nice design with clay pots covering the ceiling. Service was excellent and the food was absolutely delicious. My lamb was outstanding. My only negative comment would be that the wine list is limited to only Greek wines and while I appreciate the owners intent on authenticity, Greek wine leaves a lot to be desired. I would prefer to have a choice of wine with my meal, especially at these prices, and not be compelled to choose a wine which I otherwise would not care to drink.

Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

My jacket,scarf and leather gloves were stolen from the coat rack while I was eating at the common table. Mgmt could have cared less.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Incredible Greek cuisine, wonderful (Greek!) wine -- great atmosphere. Authentic, absolutely worth every penny. Only reason for giving Pylos 4 and not 5 stars, is because it seemed like the waiter wanted us gone. We got the bill without asking for it, and I barely started enjoying my dessert wine. That kind of killed the atmosphere for me and my date. However, everything was great up til that moment.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is my favorite restaurant in New York. The food was good just like the last time we were there and cooked just as we ordered. The staff is friendly and you can share your entree if you fill up on the wonderful greek melted cheese to start with. Reservations are suggested especially this time of year. Romantic,