“Wonderful Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pylos

Pylos
Reserve with OpenTable
Pylos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #532 of 13,559 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: East Village
Anywhere, USA
“Wonderful Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Food and atmosphere were just perfect. Artichoke appetizer amazing. Probably the best Greek meal I have ever eaten.

Visited August 2013

Madison, Wisconsin
“Intimate restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had dinner here on the recommendation of a friend. I would definately return. We had dinner there at 8:30 pm and all the tables were filled. Portions can definately be shared, as they are large. My husband and I shared a wonderful typically Greek salad with fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, feta, and kalamatas. I had the salmon cakes, which were mild, and allowed the taste of the salmon to come through. My husband had the whole fish, which was quite tasty. We finished with decaf cappucinos. A perfect dinner. The staff were wonderful as well.

• Visited August 2013
“Great Greek food in the east village.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

We met a couple friends for dinner and had a great time. The moussaka , octopus, the short ribs and lamb chops were all great.

• Visited August 2013
Scottsdale,AZ
“Super Greek food in East Village”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Pylos came highly recommended by a good friend and we were not let down. I was forewarned and made reservations about a week in advance. Good plan, as by 8:30 on a Saturday evening the place was packed. The food did not disappoint. Large portions so my wife and I shared appetizers and a main course. Plenty of food. It reminded us of restaurants in Athens. We had a traditional Greek salad and the braised lamb shank. The lamb fell off the bone. Soft, tender and tasty.

Visited August 2013
Sao Paulo, SP
“Good greek food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

In our last visit to NY, my wife and I went to Pylos, to enjoy the greek cuisine.
The restaurant is well decorated, simple without luxury. The food is excellent and the service is honest. Tne overall avaliation is good. A good place to come back.

• Visited September 2012