“Terrific food, great ambience”
Review of Pylos

Pylos
Reserve with OpenTable
Pylos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #654 of 14,396 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: East Village
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I love Greek food and this did not disappoint. We started with the scallops and then my mother and I shared the lamp chops, and my children had the branzino and the chicked. All was divine, and the portions were a pretty good size. It's a small restaurant that opens to the street and it has a lot of charm. It was fine with children, but would also be nice for a romantic dinner.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

NY friends took me here. I love the cuisine and this is one of the best in my experience outside of Greece. Wonderful appetizers and entrees. Good wine selections. Knowledgeable staff. What a nice evening! Very pleasing decor, including terra cotta pottery on the ceiling! Reasonable prices. And, very pleasing ambience.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Definitely the best Greek food in Manhattan (and potentially in all of NYC). In an atmosphere that is elegant - not quite what you would expect in the East Village! I have had friends who are chefs visit from all over the world and I always take them to Pylos and every single one of them has loved it. Be sure to make a reservation! This is a fun place for groups - but, again, reserve in advance!

3  Thank ES442
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My friend treated me here and for the 5 of us, what a treat it was!
Loved the atmosphere.

The warm pita and bean dips to start were delicious. Then the 3 dips, one of which was tzsaki - delicious. I can't remember the names of the other 2 (something with eggplant) but definitely a must-order!
My fish entree was flavorful, fresh and juicy.
My friends said the lamb was incredibly tender and delicious.
The greek yogurt for dessert -- wonderful!

A very good value too. I guess because it is in Alphabet City.
So far my favorite Greek restaurant in NYC, thanks to my friend (from Alaska!) somehow finding it.

we shared read more » the branzino (perfectly cooked!) as a main course for the table w/ two sides - spinach rice pilaf and swiss chard w tomato (which might have been my favorite!). the fish was perfectly cooked

loved the ambiance of the restaurant - the clay pots on the ceiling are a perfect decorating idea! not to mention the communal table in the back if you don't have reservations.

1  Thank lexi1980
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Dinner for 4, including 2 bottles of wine, came to under $200. The saganaki appy with pita is scrumptious, the short rib entree is fall-off-the-bone delicious, the service was efficient and friendly, and the decor is stunning!

1  Thank l_startup