“Great Moroccan Brunch”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Moroccan
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: East Village
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I have been here for both dinner and breakfast and both meals were spot on. They have a little bit of outdoor seating which is nice but hard to get. Even though the get kind of busy even during the brunch rush, they are worth the wait and really seat everyone as fast as they can. They also close late, I think like 2am so it is a great last min stop instead of the traditional "street meat" on the way home :)

Reviewed June 30, 2014

This bistro serves Moroccan cuisine with a number of French dishes thrown in. We were there with a large party (about 10) on a Wednesday evening. The service was attentive, the prices very reasonable (typical for the area), the crowd happily noisy, but the noise not overwhelming. We sampled throughout the menu from a properly done hanger steak with excellent pommes frites through excellent tagines. We'll go back when the mood hits us. Everything is satisfying.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

During a 5 day stay in the East Village with our friends, we happened to walk by this café on several occasions and noticed it was so inviting and always had lots of people. We went two mornings in a row, one was on the weekend when they served brunch. We all liked our breakfasts, and my husband's eggs benedict were so good that my girlfriend wanted to return the next morning. Unfortunately they weren't offered on the menu on weekdays. The food we ordered at this lovely Moroccan restaurant was delicious, the atmosphere is very relaxed, nice decor and the service was very good.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

For over 30 years, Café Mogador in the East Village is serving Moroccan and Mediterranean food, morning til night. And it’s no surprise how this restaurant has stood the test of time. They’re serving tasty, authentic food at super affordable prices. The vibe is extremely relaxed and casual, but you still get friendly and attentive service. Sit where you’d like, whether it’s inside their cozy, yet simple, dining room, or at their outdoor patio.

Breakfast is known as the most important meal of the day, and they’re serving it until 4pm. I love breakfast food, so I had to take advantage. I ordered the Middle Eastern Eggs (two eggs any style with hummus, tabouli, salad and zahatar pita). I love this type of meal, it’s fresh, healthy, and substantial. Each component was delicious, the salad is chopped, with a really nice zesty citrus and oil dressing. You can really taste the fresh parsley flavor in the tabouli, and their hummus is creamy and flavorful. The zahatar pita is also amazing, served warm and pillowy with the amazing Moroccan spices.

You can read my full review with photos at http://sprungonfood.com/2014/06/19/cafe-mogador/

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Had the chicken tagin at lunch, with a bowl of lamb and chickpea soup, and labne with fresh bread. In the top 3 of the meals I ate in NYC, and will return. Space is also relaxed and represents the tagine culture.