“Excellent food in Williamsburg”
Review of Mogador Cafe

Mogador Cafe
Ranked #255 of 13,681 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Moroccan
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: East Village
Espoo, Finland
“Excellent food in Williamsburg”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This restaurant is also located in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NY, although it's not listed there on TripAdvisor. This review is about their restaurant in Williamsburg.

Four of us had a nice and very friendly dinner here consisting of a plate of many mediterranean starters. For main course we had their fish of the day, salmon and a vegetarian plate. I also tried the local Brooklyn beer.

The bill was about 200 USD for four of us with taxes and tips. We were very satisfied considering the friendly and professional service and excellent, nicely seasoned food.

• Visited April 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Highly recommended eats in this cool area”
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Come to this street for the pop history, great and sketchy atmos, and the fab bars. Look at all the places to eat, then come and eat here!

I enjoyed the bright moroccan-style bistro decor, enhanced with a range of world music. Greeting was immediate and warm.

I ate a starter if tabbouleh, then a main of spicy lamb tagine and cous-cous. Delicious! Moroccan sweet tea was also a treat, with sesame biscuits.

Cheque was a little slow in arriving, but I was chilling to the tea n' music so didn't mind.

$40 plus tip for one.

• Visited April 2013
Carlsbad, California
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Food, tea and service fantastic. Beautiful walled patio in the back, perfect for a leisurely outdoor lunch.

Visited March 2013
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Pre book.”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Great atmosphere. Good menu selection. Great friendly service.
Seemed to have quite a few locals in there. Sat at bar while we waited for our table. Fairly good value for money

Visited March 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“Excellent! The Williamsburg location”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My new favorite Moroccan restaurant in NY! I used to go to Babouche in Park Slope, which unfortunately closed a couple of years ago, so when I had a random craving for a Moroccan lamb tagine I had to do some research online. What I found was Cafe Mogador in Williamsburg, so I decided to give it a try. I was in love with this place from the moment I walked in. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The food was absolutely delicious. I think the menu had a modern twist to a traditional Moroccan cuisine. The drinks were fantastic and very original. The interior looks very nice, non-pretentious and I think the back room becomes a patio in the summer, which is a great touch - will definitely have to go back there when it gets warm. Overall, I had an excellent experience and highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited February 2013