“Great NY experience”

Katz's Deli
Ranked #243 of 13,559 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
Ruffec, France
“Great NY experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

We visited at lunch time during a rain storm. Loved the old fashioned style a great NY institution. We had pastrami sandwiches all round plus pickles. Although they were great I think at 16.95 for one sandwich it is very overpriced. It may be where Harry met Sally but the price is more likely to give you a heart attack than anything else!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“The most amazing meat in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

After a very long day, the two boys in our party marched us ladies across town for what I heard was "a sandwich". Little did I know that I was about to be faced with melt in your mouth brisket, and a sandwich unlike any other I had ever had. The venue is authentic 1950s, and filled with pictures of most of NYC's finest celebrities.... plus everyones favourite president, Mr Clinton! The lady who served us (Katy) was fast, efficient and friendly, and very informative about the menu and its massive portions. I am not usually a big fan of "sandwiches" so faced this NYC meal with trepidation, but the price really is indicative of the quality. It really does need to be tried to be believed. And if you have a boy in the Army, send him a salami... he will appreciate it I am sure....... this will make sense to anyone who enters the door of Katz's. Oh and its also where Harry met Sally... and yes you can sit and eat at that exact table :)

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Katielou24
Neenah, WI
“Crazy place, but great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I realize it's probably a tourist trap, but I don't feel our NY trip would have been complete without a visit to a deli like this! The place was crazy busy around lunch time, but don't be afraid to just muscle your way up to the counter to order. They give you a ticket when you walk in and make sure you keep it! They mark off everything you get on there, and then you pay as you leave. The rueben sandwich I had was amazing! It could easily be shared by two people, but being the pig I am, I ate the whole thing. :)

Singer Island, Florida
“A Real Deal Kosher Deli.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Great lean corned beef sandwich stacked high on good seeded rye bread. Most of the time with a Dr Browns cream soda, yummy! Pastrami is also excellent and the pickles to die for especially the half sour.I always have a kosher hot dog with kraut on the way out. Always busy and noisy, part of the scene at Katz's Deli.

Boston, Massachusetts
“delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

we took the greyhound city tour hop off hop on and got off to visit the deli.when u first walk in there is a booth with a gentleman and he hands u a ticket. then u look around and I was amazed.so many people lining the counters and then most of the tables were full.and then as the people are leaving they stand in a que to pay the check.i just stood there eith my mouth opened.when we made it up to order there were five of us so when someone would order a sandwich the deli person would cut off some of the meat so u could sample it.the pastrami by far was the best.it was like butter melting in your mouth so good.and I don't even like pastrami.we actually got the sandwiches to go because we were taking athe train back home and figured we would be hungry and this would beat train food.the sandwiches are huge and I mean huge .they also give u pickles with the sandwiches which were delicious .we also ordered cheese cake which was very rich but good.my son was talking to the owner,and I guess everything is made on the premises even the mustard.if u get a chance definitely visited katzs woth the visit.forgot to mention the staff it was so busy but everyone we came in contact with was so friendly and helpful

1 Thank 89kathy