“Glad we finally made it”
Review of Katz's Deli

Neighborhood: Lower East Side
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Atmosphere, pastrami, pickles, table service - Very good
Potato knishes - Good
Soft drink - A can served with a cup of ice
Ticket system, counter line, prices - Crazy
Salami - Not good or homemade (but our waiter tried to talk me out of it, so I have to give him credit for that)

Write a ReviewReviews (13,561)

Reviewed November 22, 2012

i don't think we have these kind of sandwiches in Israel so i must say- i will never forget this pastrami!! haha it was so tender and fatty ;)
I also tried the corn beef but i think the pastrami is tastier.
the price is a little above the one that i expected it to be, 15$ for a sandwich, but definitely worth it!

Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Came here on the last day of my trip after seeing it man v food. Portions were huge but the quality was still there, a flashback in time and an all round nice experiance.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We both love good reubens--after going to Katz's, all other reubens are now dead to me. Great atmosphere, the owner works the room talking to everybody, the kitchen crew hams it up for the customers (plus give out samples).

Reviewed November 19, 2012

The meat in the pastrami was tough corned beef sandwich was not good either, and after a bite I had to put down my sandwich. Not that it wasn't tasty, just tough. After having eaten at Carnage, where the meat falls apart and melts in your mouth, I was not expecting to eat something chewy that gave the impression of been raw. It would have been easily solved if the owner had explained why they make it that way, but instead he decided to insult by suggesting I have no idea about what pastrami meat should be like, of my incompetence on the subject since he has appeared on tv many times and won awards.
Well, I am happy for him. I wish him well, but this family will never go there again
With all the money they make there, they should do something about the atmosphere. Dirty windows, caotic atmosphere. You pay $50.00 for two in a school cafeteria type atmosphere.
TERRIBLE