“ALMOST CRIMINAL BEHAVIOUR”

Neighborhood: Lower East Side
vancouver bc
“ALMOST CRIMINAL BEHAVIOUR”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Their food was so so last time I was there, unlike previous times. However, as a party of 5 we paid our waiter ( our ages being from 24 to 57 ( my wife and I), and went to leave. They basically "arrested" my wife as she could not find her ticket stub. The waiter KNEW we had paid, and out of fear refused to tell the "bouncer/manager" directly as he said we have to be "nice to him". He stood in front of my wife blocking her exit, and pointed to a sign that said "$50 charge if lost ticket". My son finally looked at the "bouncer" and said, either arrest my mother or we are leaving". He said he couldn't arrest her..so he took her by the arm and escorted her around Mr. Big, and we left. All the while my wife was humiliated and actually quite scared from being intimidated by the posturing of the "gate keeper". We will NEVER go back.

• Visited October 2012

• Turkish first
pennsylvania
“Dat's alotta pastrami”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Luckily I learned all about the ticket system and how to order before I went to Katz's. Otherwise I may just started yelling "How the hell do you get a sandwich in this place?" But once you get the idea, it all works just fine, even if it's stil a tad confusing. Yes, the pastrami is made of awesome. The weird thing...I normally like hot sandwiches, but I liked the pastrami much better the next day. Cold from the fridge with even more mustard. It seemed the flavors melded together even better when allowed to sit for a while. So bring an insulated lunch bag for your leftovers. You will have some. I could barely get thru half of my half a sandwich. And the matzo ball soup was pretty delish. That's one fluffy matzo ball.
Oh, and bring hand sanitizer. The ladies room was pretty nasty and the water just barely came out of the spigot. I don't want to even speculate what the mens room is like...

• Visited November 2012
Bronx, New York
“Best Pastrami in New York.”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Fantastic pastrami and corned beef sandwiches. Like no other deli in New York City. Photos of hundreds of famous previous patrons on the wall. Worth a trip from anywhere. Also visit the nearby Tenement House Museum, which shows how life was on the Lower East Side when Katz's was founded.

Visited August 2012
England, United Kingdom
“What's all the fuss about?”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Thanks to "When Harry Met Sally" this place was to my knowledge, a Manhatten must-see for it's reubens and home-made, hand carved pastrami. But in all honesty I've had better from my local Waitrose.

It was pretty expensive for what you got, and didn't have a lot of flavour. The toilets were pretty grim, I decided to hold it in rather than risk it. Go if you must, but don't have the pastrami. It's rubbish.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank just_pottsie
Oslo, Oslo, Norway
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I went here for the history, not the food, plus it was a really short walk from our hotel in Ludlow Street.. We all had the pastrami sandwich, which was nice, but us Norwegians arent used to such skewed meat/vegetable ratios.

• Visited September 2012