“The best dog in NY”

Ranked #628 of 13,938 Restaurants in New York City
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Delivery
Neighborhood: East Village
Reviewed August 12, 2014

The real new yorker hot dog. Frequented by locals, has several options and combinations. Very cheap compared to the prices that we see in Brazil. Recommend.

Inside the Criff Dogs, there is a phone booth. It is a gateway to the PDT, secret bar. The PDT is very competitive, so it's good to make your reservation.

1  Thank Igor S
There are newer reviews for Crif Dogs

Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

There's nothing wrong the classic NY dog, but these guys had some great alternatives, a lot of then wrapped in bacon. Yum

Reviewed June 29, 2014

The fact that it felt like a sauna in there took away from the ambiance A LOT for me...not gonna lie. My 5 year old loved the Pacman arcade tables. My husband raved about his "Lil Ma" hot dog. It had peanut butter, potato chips, bacon and pickles on it. We went there partially because Bourdain said it was awesome. Had it been a late drinking night I would probably have thought it was awesome - but we went at 8pm & if I was scoring this place alone I probably would give it a 2 or 3 out of 5. Since the husband is contributing we'll compromise his "5" stars and my 3 to a score of 4.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Had my first dog at Crifs last week..... Chili dog which was simple, classic and very tasty.... my son had an avocado and bacon concoction which was also fantastic. The female member of staff serving was extremely helpful and we managed at long last to 'get an invite' through the phone kiosk into PDT. Will be going again. An East Village must !

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Having had crif dogs highly reccomended to me I did walk in with high expectations. Have to say i was not disappointed. The location and decor give the place a gritty feel , along with the music blaring out. Great choice of hot dogs, I went for a combination of jalapenos and melted cheese , the result was an explosion of flavor. Somewhat off the beaten path for tourists but you wont be dissappointed!