“Good service. Terrible dogs.”
Review of Crif Dogs

Crif Dogs
Ranked #621 of 13,684 Restaurants in New York City
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Delivery
Neighborhood: East Village
Ottawa, Canada
“Good service. Terrible dogs.”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Went here because of the hype but when I order a hotdog, I expect grilled. I've never understood the appeal of steamed or boiled sausages served in restaurants. Lafleur in Montréal is also mysteriously popular for its steamies. The fries they served also had a bland frozen taste to them too. Had I known any of this, I wouldn't have bothered. If you're into steamies though, you've come to the right place. Despite the food, the service was good so I'm giving Crif Dogs 2/5.

The one weird thing was that there was a side door that people kept walking in and out of for some reason.

Visited September 2012

• Korean first
Cleveland, Ohio
“Burnt Corn Dog 30 min wait”
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Extremely disappointed with what is suppose to be the #1 hot dog place in NYC. The line and wait was 30mins+ in the tiny and cramped space. How long does it seriously take to make a hotdog? My bf got a New Yorker and I wanted to try a corn dog. His was okay and mine was burnt. The coating didn't have a very good corn taste, I've had much better from the frozen food section at the grocery store. The speakeasy in the phone booth is cool. It's funny to see people dressed up come into the hot dog place and disappear in the booth. Too bad you have to have reservations to get in. Overall, get a hot dog from a cart.

Edmonton, Canada
“Best drunk dog EVER”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Look, I'll be honest, I hit up the Williamsburg location at around 2am after a night barhopping in Brooklyn. And you know what? IT WAS AWESOME.

I had the Spicy Red Neck hotdog - bacon-wrapped with chilli sauce, jalapeños and coleslaw. Seriously, I am drooling right now at the memory. My friends got a Chihuahua hotdog (it was deeeeelicious) and a tsunami (pineapple on a hotdog is certainly inventive, but I wasn't a fan) as well as a bowl of tater tots. Greasy, hot, tasty and even though it was 2am and the place was packed, we didn't wait long for our food. I appreciated the fact you could order cheap beer there, as well. I didn't - I stuck with the lemonade, which I must tell you was excellent.

If you're after a nice, romantic meal with a date, this isn't it. If you are having an excellent night and need a hotdog to help you deal with the beer you've just had, hit it up. Highly recommended.

• Visited September 2012
Akron, Ohio, United States
“Disgusting!!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I am confused as to why this place has so many steller reviews? Is there a secret on when to go? If so, Friday is NOT the day to go. Stopped in around 8PM on a Friday night and we waited 30 minutes for our food. Our friends who ordered right before us had their food 10 minutes before- UM?? Both mine and my husbands hot dog was dried out and his bacon was burnt. My friend got a corn dog which was basically black around some parts. I'm guessing something was going on that night to cause this but for the price this place was not worth it AT ALL.

• Visited September 2012
Florida
“"Different" Dogs!”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We first went to PDT for a stuffy overpriced cocktail ... but after, went to Crif Dogs for a PBR and excellent Dogs! Love this place and had so much fun trying different ones. Will definitely return. Without a doubt.

Visited October 2011