“a hidden gem”

Cross street: 6th and 7th Streets
Columbus, Ohio
“a hidden gem”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

A friend and I visited this restaurant while I was in New York on business. We shared three types of tacos (appetizer size), had the guac, and enjoyed the house margaritas. The service was fantasic, our waiter was polite and we never waited for more water or margs! The restaurant itself is beautiful, and very busy (even on Wednesday night). The tacos were beautifully prepared and were delicious. Very filling to have three tacos each! The prices are reasonable and worth every penny! We were not rushed out when we were finished, and we even got a salsa receipe with our check! This is a place I will surely return the next time I am in New York!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank chelsea-ann

New York City, New York
“Wow, not your typical Mexican restaurant!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We visited this restaurant with our son and daughter two weeks ago and were wowed by the imaginative combinations and beautiful presentation of the food. This is nouvelle Mexican and not anything like what we have had in the past. Even the guacamole comes with pistachio nuts.
We had a fair sampling of items on the menu, including the bay scallops with lemon curd and foam, the smoked sea trout rillete,melted tetilla cheese with lobster, snapper tacos and pork shoulder.

Every thing was delicious but the portions were SMALL; do not go to there hungry!! The bay scallops with foam had the most exquisite flavors but the scallops were miniscule. The tacos were also small and the main course-pork shoulder-also was small. So go and enjoy but do not expect a lot of food for the money.

• Visited January 2013
New York City, New York
“Great Mexican Brunch in NYC!”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I went to this place on a Saturday with a large group (5-8 people) and it was amazing. Mexican food is my favorite type for a weekend brunch, so I have eaten Mexican brunch all around the city.

PROS:
Great service - waitress made sure we never had to wait for another drink and our food came out very quickly. She also knew the menu very well and made excellent recommendations.
Food - AWESOME! The food here is so good. It's authentic Mexican with a more flavorful, NYC foodie spin. You simply must get the 7 salsas, which is what we started with. Each salsa was absolutely fresh and taste uniquely good. The tacos and other dishes everyone got were also very tasty - I recommend everything! Portions were sized perfectly. The margaritas were among the best I have had in the city.

CONS:
Just a little expensive to make a regular brunch spot. I wish they had a brunch special with drinks – then I would go all the time! But you should definitely check it out at least once.

• Visited December 2012
“foodie heaven”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

could easily become my new favorite restaurant in New York. Really attentive service, and no sense of rushing - we were able to sit and catch up for as long as we wanted, and every time we needed more food (all of which was delicious) our server was right there. The guacamole is a great way to start, the short rib tacos were fab, as was the ceviche.

Plainview, New York
“Upscale Mexican/ Latino food: nice surprise.”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Enjoyed this place last night with business friends. The service was fine. The food was very good. We shared a bunch of plates. Start with the guacamole and shortrib pastrami tacos (delicious) and melted tetilla cheese with lobster. The Scotch eggs were runny and tasty. The fluke ceviche was OK-not one of our favorite. We taseted the lamb barbacoa meatballs and had the Artic char, wagyu beef and duck for entrees. All was very good and highly recommended. I would go back. The noise level was not too bas when we went, but we did go early (6 PM) reservation.