“Typical japanese restaurant”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

We went in a friday night and it was almost empty. The service is good and my dinner box was very good. It's a little pricey, but options like soba or udon are reasonable and well served. There are those hot towels upon arrival and irasshaimase for who comes in.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

A friend is a fan here, and we are keen with Japanese food. I have to say to say it is A-OK is not fair, but neither would I say I am a fan. It is authentic, decorated like any neighbourhood Japanese sushi restaurant, I was told it has been around for ages. It is run by a Japanese couple. The food is fresh and prepared on the spot. I ordered a l ordered a sushi sashimi combo, which is supposed to include salad and miso soup. We were never served with the soup, she said the menu had changed. Other table seems to have it. Since I am not a big fan of miso soup, so I am ok with it. Good venue in the middle of a good location, plenty of office, shopping near by. There is a back room but not as nice as the front room by the window.

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Tired from a long drive but with the light appetite that comes from being stuck in a car we were on E50th Street considering our options .......

Although less than an hour before closing everything on the menu was still available and we were not rushed.

A mixture of noodle soups, sushi, gyoza and yakitori were all beautifully served. The soups and gyoza were hot, the sushi just the right coolness to give freshness and flavour.

A satisfying dinner for four - including beers - for under $120.

A perfect welcome to New York.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Came here a few times while staying in New York. I didn't eat in the restaurant but got the take-out. The staff were friendly and my order didn't take long to prepare. Sushi was fresh and tasty and reasonably priced. Would definitely return!

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

The service was good. The presentation of the food was very simple. The Alaskan roll, with salmon and avocado was very good. Had a hot sake, a seaweed salad and three rolls, all for $40 including a 20% tip. Very good value.