“My daughters LOVED Chin Chin!”
Review of Chin Chin - CLOSED

Chin Chin
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Exceptional service, great food, nice atmosphere, and yes it's a little pricey but you are in Midtown.

Most dishes are large enough for you to share, especially children.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Went on a Sunday night in May 2013. Quiet to start with but soon filled up and mainly New Yorkers, who seemed to have been several times before. We started with lettuce wraps, and then had crispy orange beef, which was delicious, and a fillet steak stir fry dish also good all washed down with a glass of wine. Been to New York many times and never been before even though it was only one block from our regular hotel.
Will definitely go back on our return to NYC.

1  Thank ParkBoltonEngland
Reviewed June 17, 2013

A tremendous selection of dishes. I did not recognize many and had the captain explain the chciken dishes. The captain recommended the assorted appetizer of chicken, pork and shrimp dem sem. They were tastey, but not outstanding. The hot and sour soup was.
For our main course we shared pork fried rice and chicken with a ginger sause. The fried rice had the biggest chunks of pork I've ever had and many of them. A lot of times one has to search for the pork, but not in this case. Very, very good.
There was a generous portion of chicken and it was excellent. My wife could not finish her plate there was so much to eat.
The dinner cost $76 which included one chinese beer ($7) so I would say it was on the expensive side. It was worth it. There are not many upscale Chinese restaurants in Manhattan.
Oh, I forgot to mention that they brought out a dish of flavored string beans and a dish of bean sprouts right after we sat down. Both were excellent.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We ate at Chin Chin on a recommendation from the hotel. The restaurant was well appointed and the staff were initially very attentive. The food however was a bit of a let down. My beef schezuan was no more than a beef in black bean sauce and my wife's vegetarian casserole was totally boring and lacking in vegetables.
Restaurant was pricey for what we had and I would not recommend to others.

1  Thank sweatysockScotland
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I chose this restaurant because I knew the name from years ago, Zagat still had a good rating for them & they were close to our hotel. I should have listened to my brother who goes to NY on business & said "It's not like it used to be." We liked our appetizer - a chicken dish in lettuce leaves but unfortunately I ate a rancid pine nut and lost my taste for the dish. For our entrees we ordered some of our standard chinese favorites: orange beef, spicy eggplant & ribs. The orange beef was too tough to eat. The spicy eggplant had very little flavor & was boring & the ribs were dry and tough. We also ordered a chicken dish and it was not memorable - I couldn't even tell you what vegetables were in it, sauce, etc. That is not like me I usually remember everything. While eating, our daughter pointed out a bug crawling down the wooden area beside me. My husband tried to take it away in his napkin without being noticed, but yuck. Our waiter was nice and the atmosphere very pleasant but we were extremely disappointed in our meal. Perhaps they were just having an off night, but I used to live in NY & know there are so many other places that consistently serve great food.