“A long-time favorite scores again...”

DeGrezia Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
DeGrezia Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,370 of 13,633 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Avenues
Transit: 6 train to 51st Street and E & V trains to Lexington Ave/53rd Street.
Buda, Texas
“A long-time favorite scores again...”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

To lead off a weekend in NYC celebrating my wife's Big Important Birthday Ending in Zero (!), we went back to DeGrezia, and as always it was *perfect*. The atmosphere is business-casual, with the emphasis (this evening at least) on "casual", very relaxing, and above all oriented toward making guests feel at home. On a busy Saturday evening, service was impeccable -- a true team effort -- and cuisine was outstanding. We both had the appetizer portion of ravioli with porcini mushrooms -- blow-away good; my wife's veal was super, and my branzino (de-boned at the table) was nothing short of outstanding. Wines are expensive-ish (our NZ Sauvignon Blanc ran in the high forties) but *very* well-selected. Cannoli, espresso, and limoncello rounded out the evening...and, Viva Italia! Lots of places around the country have Italian restaurants -- but not like this... I was lucky enough to spend some time in Italy last week in connection with a conference, and tonight kept that experience very much alive --

Go, please, and enjoy -- be sure your credit card is in good order, but you will be *very* glad you visited DeGrezia --

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Itinerant_scholar

• Turkish first
Weston, Florida
“One of the Best Italian Restaurants”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

One of the best Italian Restaurants we have eaten in---The décor was beautiful, the service was impeccable---the review in Zagats was a25 on Food ,it should have been 27+ in our opinion
We are a couple who eat out 6 days a week
and on the 7th , we order food in.(So I think you
can trust our judgement.)

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Judith513
Cleveland, Ohio
“Enjoyed my meal.”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Liked the atmosphere but where we were sitting (table in the middle of the room) had very little light making it hard to read the menu. I had the lobster pasta which was delicious. My teenage niece, who is italian, is a rather picky eater. The waiter was very accommodating when we asked for gnocchi with bolognese sauce for her but even that was took much for her finicky taste. I however thought it was delicious.

Visited December 2012
Los Altos, California
“Excellent group dinner”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

A colleague arranged dinner here for a group meeting in NYC. We were served in a private dining room from a fixed menu with entre choices. The room was comfortable, the service excellent and the food delicious. We each had a sample of two pastas, followed by salad and then a choice of veal over arugula, chicken, or salmon and asparagus with a mustard glaze ( my choice). To finish, a lovely plate with two small desserts and berries - just right. I can't comment on price, but it was a great place for a group of about 15. The regular looked warm and inviting, so I would try it again on my own.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank EBinLACA
East Hampton, Connecticut
“An Excellent Choice”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We made our reservation on Open Table and were warmly welcomed and seated at our favorite (quiet corner) table as requested.
The wine list had many pages, the menu varied and the service was fantastic.
We very much enjoyed each course of our choices in this lovely restaurant
An added bonus to our lovely evening was striking up a conversation with the couple seated at the next table- it began with discussing the antipasto, agreeing on the restaurant selection, then moving on to sharing a love of vacationing in Nice, France. . A new friendship was begun with folks from the U.K. who also enjoy traveling and fine dining.
We plan to return on our next trip to the city.

• Visited January 2013