“Felidia delivers!”
Review of Felidia

Felidia
Reserve with OpenTable
Felidia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #430 of 14,292 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 2nd & 3rd Avenues
Transit: The 4, 5 or 6 to 59th Street or the N,R or W to Lexington Avenue
Description: Felidia is located in a converted Brownstone on 58th Street between 2nd and 3rd Avenues. Opened in 1981 by Lidia Bastianich, Felidia offers a warm atmosphere where you can still find Lidia greeting guests and fans. Executive Chef Fortunato Nicotra has been with Felidia since 1996 and has brought an innovative touch to traditional ingredients and dishes from all the regions of Italy. Some of the restaurant's signature dishes include pear and fresh pecorino ravioli, veal shank ossobucco and limoncello tiramisu. Felidia also offers a delicious three course price-fixed lunch, Monday - Friday for $29.50 per person, making the restaurant great for business lunches or just a nice afternoon treat. For parties of 8 or more, Felidia offers our group dining menu rather than the a la carte menu. The group dining menu is a four course menu and includes our most popular dishes and seasonal favorites for $90.00 per person.
Reviewed May 13, 2013

When a restaurant lives up to your expectation, it is time to celebrate. Felidia delivers handily and with panache. The setting is lovely. If you are lucky enough to get the upstairs room with the glass wall that overlooks other rooms, you will be impressed by the incredible job the architect did in creating an open feel in what was probably a very small space. The room has just 2 tables for 2 parties of 6. Delightful...quiet and intimate, you feel like you are in a private dining room. But the food...well, that's the real star. From the inventive and flavorful appetizers--shrimp in the onion is not to be missed if it is a special--to the beautifully presented and well-prepared entrees--the sea bass special was just that, very special; others were delighted with the tuna entrée--sushi grade and perfectly prepared; the mixed seafood grill was amazing. We couldn't fit dessert but the waiter brought us a small plate of 4 different mini-cookies--all were good but almond/pistachio cookie was memorable: chewy, intensely flavored and just the perfect sweet ending touch. Kudos to the wait staff for their perfect blend of solicitousness minus the "hovering" that is so annoying. Thank you Filedia for delivering a perfect "Mother's Day Weekend" gift!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I recently had lunch at Felidia's and the one and only Lidia was seated at a table as we entered and greeted us. So this was a nice welcoming. She is very friendly, personalbe and makes you feel welcomed. Now for the food!! The bread basket was full of an assorted home made bread and pizzettes. It came with a white bean/pesto dip. The paglia e fieno pasta dish with fresh peas, fava beas and zucchini in a light sause was very good. They suprised us with a complimentry dish which was 4 ravioli's. They were a thin dough shaped in rectangular. Inside was pear and parmesan cheese. It was excellent. I had the veal tonnato which I thought would be a hot dish but it was cold. It was very good. I would order it again. Now for the finale......the Bicerin. It said it was Lidia's version of hot chocolate from Torino with ice cream and whipped cream. So I asked my server if this was a drink and said no it was a dessert. Boy was I glad I ordered it and wished I had 3 more. It was an OMG Dessert!!!! The table next to me knew I enjoyed it and asked me what it was. They ordered it and went crazy over it. I would definetly go back there. I also tried Lidia's other restaurant Becco which is also great. God Bless you Lidia!!!!!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Great food...recommend the top floor if you need a little bit more. Host and coat check both great attitudes.

Service a bit on the weaker side for such a nice known place but we didn't feel neglected like some of the reviews we saw online. Little lack of attention to details but nothing that made the night bad.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

A friend and I go to New York at least twice a year and always have dinner at Felidia. It never disappoints. The sommelier is helpful and extremely knowledgeable. No matter what season it is, the food reflects what is freshest. The dishes are generous and well prepared. There are so many choices in dining in New York and Felidia has always remained on the top of my list.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

The service wasn't too good. We went to lunch on the last reservation spot for the lunch hours, only two tables were ocuppied: ours and a group of ladies' and we felt rushed at ordering time. The waiter practically choose two of the three pastas for my pasta sampler menu and I end up with a couple of choices that didn't work for my taste.