“Great food”
Review of Cellini

Cellini
Reserve with OpenTable
Cellini is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #753 of 13,630 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Madison and Park Ave.
Description: Cellini’s culinary style of chic simplicity produces a menu of astounding freshness and creativity. We began with a masterful rendition of cornmeal polenta wedges with masses of slivered shitake mushrooms and a calamari salad garnished with beans and scallions, each set off with a hot, homemade foccacia, augmented with sliced crusty Tuscan bread. We next chose panzotti-supple half moon pasta filled with fresh, crisp vegetables lightly bathed in a delicate porcini mushroom sauce. A unique tubular pasta stuffed with the freshest fish and spinach under a seasoned fish stock was enough to show us that each dish here has its own personality, and is densely concentrated with flavor.
Fort Myers, Florida
“Great food”
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Decided to eat here last night after looking at several places. Glad we did. Nice small but loud restaurant with good wine selection as well. Service was good and prompt, only downfall I have it was very loud, and tables were very close to each other. Otherwise a very nice experience.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank RJR131

• Finnish first
Catskill, New York
“Salty!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I had a soup made with potato base (I think), containing shellfish and fresh greens. The description sounded like an interesting combination of flavors; the reality was a lukewarm bowl of salt, the salt obliterated any other flavors. My main course was the $52 organic rack of lamb. It was served with a fresh vegetable medley that was excellent, asparagus, potatoes, other lovely veggies. The lamb was tender meat, pink inside as I'd ordered; but the outside was crusted with charcoal and, once again, too much salt. Fortunately it was edible if I cut off the black salty crust. For dessert I had chocolate ganache cake that was very good, I think it was not made in house. Service was excellent.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Lauren620
Parkland, Florida
“good and service good, not great”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We had dinner our first night here, as it was recommended by the hotel front desk and it was across the street from our wonderful hotel. I thought the food was good, typical Italian fare. In all fairness, we had visited the Oyster Bar at GCT a few hours earlier, and then had wine and cheese at our hotel Club Lounge, so that by the time I got to the restaurant, I wasn't very hungry.
The small tables were close together, along the wall, but not too close, fitted with nice tablecloths and cloth napkins. I thought the decor was done very tastefully, in a more authentic Northern Italian style than many restaurants . The service was very efficient, perhaps too efficient, bordering on brisk. Not an extra word spoken to us than absolutely necessary. But overall , it was a pleasant dining experience and the prices were reasonable by New York standards.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank _eiffeltrav
Texas
“Good Food, Alright Atmosphere”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Our first night in NYC, we wanted some good Italian food and the concierge recommended Cellini, as it was close to the hotel and within walking distance.
As most NYC restaurants, it was small and cramped. Tables have to be moved in/out to be seated. As another reviewer stated, the service was brisk. Almost a little too brisk. But I guess I'd rather that than having a waiter that disappears for periods of time..
My husband ordered traditional spaghetti&meatballs and loved it. I ordered pasta carbonara and it was very good as well.
The one complaint I have involves other people dining, sitting at a table behind us. It was a group of 3 men who were obviously drunk, being quite loud and rude to other patrons. When the woman at the front asked us how everything was when we were leaving, we told her good except for the table of obnoxious men behind us. She told us,"Well, we can't help that", when we told her they need to stop being served drinks, that they'd clearly reached their limit. I don't think it's a great idea to keep it flowing to a table of idiots at the expense of everyone else around them- Not good customer service.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank parislover82
Ashford, United Kingdom
“RELIABLE ITALIAN”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Good Italian food in a traditional setting. Service can be a bit brisk, but the place is always buzzing and food is consistent.

• Visited March 2013