“Amazing Gnocchi!”
Review of Cellini

Cellini
Reserve with OpenTable
Cellini is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,225 of 14,527 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Madison and Park Ave.
Description: Cellini’s culinary style of chic simplicity produces a menu of astounding freshness and creativity. We began with a masterful rendition of cornmeal polenta wedges with masses of slivered shitake mushrooms and a calamari salad garnished with beans and scallions, each set off with a hot, homemade foccacia, augmented with sliced crusty Tuscan bread. We next chose panzotti-supple half moon pasta filled with fresh, crisp vegetables lightly bathed in a delicate porcini mushroom sauce. A unique tubular pasta stuffed with the freshest fish and spinach under a seasoned fish stock was enough to show us that each dish here has its own personality, and is densely concentrated with flavor.
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner here early on a Sunday evening, no problem getting a table, ate with our kids and were treated very well. I had the Gnocchi, which was flat out incredible. Wife and daughter had a penne bolognese which was equally good and other daughter devoured the Tilapia. Dessert was also killer! $200 for four of us, including drinks for the grown ups, not a bad deal at all!

I'd discount the reviews complaining about getting a table, it's a good restaurant in Manhattan, you should expect that.

1  Thank BillMDenver

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Cellini was recommended by our hotel. The food was good, but the service was a little spotty. We both had appetizer portions of pasta - the spaghetti and meatballs was good, and the mushroom risotto was nice. I had a chicken special that was tasty, and my husband really liked the veal parmigiano. The waiter disappeared when it was time for the check, and one of the wait staff seemed to be constantly fussed at by the waiter and hostess.

1  Thank travelfam4
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This place is crowded, reservation is essential. Service is fast, there are many options in the menu, wine list is mainly italian. The food was very good, a real italian mean.

1  Thank Woisky
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Cellini is an excellent restaurant by all accounts. The pastas are freshly made and presented elegantly. The restaurant was bustling both upstairs and down with business lunches. We had a table upstairs in one of the less trafficked areas, which was nice. We ordered a pasta sampler consisting of spaghetti, ziti, and gnocchi to start our meal. All were excellent. The menu is well varied, and the specials are creative. I thoroughly enjoyed the lobster ravioli topped with lump crab meat. Service was adequate, not exceptional. I recommend Cellini to anyone seeking a great Italian meal in midtown.

1  Thank soul_surfer
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have eaten here several times and the food has always been tasty and the service very good. Also, the restaurant is very clean. Further, all of my co-workers have enjoyed it as well. Several people have enjoyed the clams and I have had the salads and the fresh pasta as an appetizer at different times. I especially enjoy the veal parm and often take some of it home as it is a large portion. The dessert and drinks are also a treat. Cellini is convenient and affordable especially when you compare it with other restaurants in the area.

1  Thank Suicu