“wow”
Review of BLT Steak

BLT Steak
Reserve with OpenTable
BLT Steak is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #448 of 14,032 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Park Avenue
Transit: 4,5,6 to 59th Street
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Me and my boyfriend went to blt steak while in nyc for a special evening and that’s what we got.

From the moment we walked in the staff could not do enough for us, the waiter spent time telling us about the food and wine and his recommendations.

The food was stunning from the cheesy giant Yorkshire pudding and the complimentary parfait to the perfectly cooked filet and giant onion rings with a perfectly matched bottled of red wine.

The best steak we have ever eaten and up there with the best restaurants we have visited,
a truly perfect evening!

I would recommend blt as a great place for a special meal with fantastic food, wine and cocktails.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

My wife and I recently revisited BLT this past January. We have been to BLT many times and always enjoy an excellent dining experience. During a prior visit before the holidays we were a bit disappointed that we had an inordinate wait for a table and the service was mediocre. I usually give and restaurant a second chance and in this case I'm glad I did. I am happy to report that BLT is still a cut above the other steakhouse " chains" in NYC. The food was outstanding and service was impeccable. The manager Albert made it a point to visit our table to assure the everything went smoothly . My faith has been restored and we will continue to visit BLT in the future.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Every time I go to New York I have to visit BLT for dinner at least once, it's a must for me!
I also tried BLT in Miami Beach but I still find this one better: food is terrific, steaks are to die for and they have a huge (yet pricey) wine list. Even their popovers are better in New York.. so good!
Staff is very friendly and helpful, drinks are good, and the atmosphere is good both for couples and groups.
I can't wait to come back to NYC so I can visit BLT one more time!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

All tables full, Bar full of people without reservations waiting for tables to open up .... a very good sign. Ate here with my 16 year old, it was a faultless evening. Excellent service , great choices on a menu that certainly specialises in steak but has a lot of variety with Chicken , Fish, Lamb also. Smoked bacon as a starter was top notch, my sons Wagyu was perfectly medium well, my chicken was delicious and our sides were more than what we could comfortably finish! Very good night had by both of us and I can certainly recommend.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We went here for Christmas Eve Dinner.

I had a bone-in rib eye, but my partner had their filet mignon which had a huge strip of fat down the middle of the cut. I expect better from a steakhouse as renowned as BLT.

The service was excellent and the atmosphere was warm and welcoming.

We sat next to two snobby New Yorkers, but we tried not to let them bother us too much.

It's worth a visit, but you shouldn't have to tell your server that you want a good cut when ordering steak.

1  Thank JoeJoeInSF