“A wonderful treat”
Review of BLT Steak

BLT Steak
Reserve with OpenTable
BLT Steak is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #489 of 13,936 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Park Avenue
Transit: 4,5,6 to 59th Street
Reviewed December 26, 2012

A delightful spot to stop for lunch while shopping on 57th Street. First class service and very comfortable ambiance -- fresh salads, hot (and big) popovers, and well worth the stop and a very good meal. A classic hotel with a high quality restaurant -- very nice and first class.

There are newer reviews for BLT Steak

Reviewed December 17, 2012

This centrally located (Park Avenue and 57 ST) New York restaurant serves perfectly cooked and presented steaks, and many other tasty treats, they also are possibly the only place in town that regales it's visitors with freshly baked pov overs! Don't be shy if you want seconds. The tuna tartar is fantastic, one of my favorites when I visit. The service is attentive and knoledgeable, but a bit slow, when the place is crowded. I you go for lunch, go a bit late, otherwise it is too noisy, I wish there would be a way to make it a bit quieter, many of my guests complained about the noise. The wine list is reasonable and the menu is short, well chosen and offers delicacies for every taste. I have been to this place many times and hope to continue, I like the food and service, my only regret is that at dinner the noise makes it imposible to carry a conversation, due to this, I go for lunch on the late side and have a great meal every time.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

First, kudos to them for not presenting like a chain (unlike Morton's for example). The steaks are quite good, as are the sides, drinks etc. The real negatives are sardine style seating that allows, er requires, you to be part of the conversation at the next table. In addition, the staff is oddly snooty and full of themselves. It ain't that great...get over yourselves.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Except for the less than mediocre caesar salad, the food was very good. The brussel sprouts were the best I've ever had. The wait staff were pleasant. But, it was impossible to enjoy our visit because of loud, braying donkeys (acceptable euphemism) at the next table. It was so loud that we couldn't have a conversation. For the very expensive prices, we excepted a better atmosphere. I won't go back. There are other places in NYC with better food for lower prices.

However, if you want to drink and brag and show off and talk and impress your buddies (i.e., yell) about how much money you made, I do recommend it.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

What was good? The popovers were great...served with the recipe, so I'm going to try making them myself. The cocktail I had before dinner was fantastic! It was a concoction with pear vodka, apple juice, and cayenne that our server recommended. So good! Sweet, but not syrupy, and the cayenne had a nice warming effect. The desserts were to die for! Banana crepes and a malted sundae. Just yummy! And the service. It was great. Attentive and accommodating.

What was not good? My steak and lobster. :( The lobster was not very flavorful. And my filet that was supposed to be medium well was too red on the inside and crispy on the outside. Unfortunately, I can't in good conscience give a five star rating for a less than stellar main course. Perhaps I should have just kept the cocktails coming instead.