“A perfect evening”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 1st Avenue
Description: At 48 years old, Le Perigord features classic French cuisine in an elegant setting. Le Perigord just renovated the whole restaurant in 2011, don't forget to come in and take a look at our beautiful new decor.The New York Times calls it "a French restaurant the way French restaurants used to be;" complete with starched white linen tablecloths and exemplary service from wait staff in tuxedos. In addition to tableside service of Dover sole, duck a l'orange and rack of lamb, the traditional fare also includes such staples as individual beef Wellington, quenelles of pike, coquilles St Jacques and kidneys in mustard sauce, and don't forget to leave room for the fabulous souffles and the legendary "temptation trolley" of desserts which always includes such timeless favorites as tarte Tatin, chocolate mousse and floating islands. The extensive, award-wining wine list includes a fine selection of both old & recent vintages, all at sensible prices.
Reviewed May 27, 2014

My husband and I dined on my birthday at Le Perigord. The atmosphere and service were perfect for our quiet celebration. The staff was engaged and focused on service and the owner came over to wish me a happy birthday. The escargots with hazelnuts were divine, the Dover Sole ..a classic well prepared dish. My Grand Marnier soufflé was top notch. Overall we had a wonderful evening and would highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Carol F
Chris B, g60763-d425702-c5 at Le Perigord, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

A fabulous birthday dinner, indeed! It was a pleasure to be a part of it. We can't wait to welcome you back next time you're in New York -- no matter the occasion!

Cheers,

Reviewed May 20, 2014

After I and my husband have eaten in this restaurant, 2 dishes stick to my mind. Duck a la orange and the lobster bisque. I still dream of the taste even today. We liked French food and even though we went to New York, we still searched for a nice french restaurant. Indeed Le Perigod has delivered what it takes to be a good ol' french cuisine experience. This is what I like with traditional restaurants. Their portions are generous. Just like what I have experienced in Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon. The new generation fine dining restaurants have a tendency to deliver very small portions that after the dinner, you feel you want to get a burger. Wine selection was good and we opted for the Saint Emilon.

3  Thank Travellingisagift
Chris B, g60763-d425702-c5 at Le Perigord, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Thanks for coming to see us when you were in NYC! You have no idea how much I appreciate you following up with such a lovely recommendation afterward. I'm thrilled that we were able to give you that taste of France you were looking for!

Safe travels,

Reviewed May 14, 2014

From the well spaced linen topped tables, to the lovely fresh flowers on every table,..enter this elegant dining room and travel to Paris for a grand Supper. The price fixed menu does not leave anything to the imagination. From fresh fish, duck, lamb to stunning sauces or just simply prepared this is one of new Yorks Finest. We had escargot, salad, sea bass and fresh that day soft shell crabs. Out of this world! For dessert the soufflés were divine, my lemon tart perfection.One of the finest restaurants in the city, on a quiet street on 52nd, Perfection!

1  Thank trigger1070
Chris B, g60763-d425702-c5 at Le Perigord, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

No need to travel to Paris! We're always happy to bring you a fresh taste of our favorite French dishes, and to hear that you've enjoyed them over the years. Until next time, thank you for the wonderful review. We look forward to welcoming you back again!

All the best,

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Classic haute cuisine (think beef wellington, turbot, snails, duck), delicious desserts, elegant but relaxed unpretentious atmosphere and great service abound at this restaurant. It is expensive (table d'hote is now $68, with extra charges for certain items), but it is my current top choice for special occasions, birthday celebrations, really good friends. All my guests have adored this restaurant. You may want to dress up, but some men do not wear ties; everyone is treated with gracious hospitality. Plan to dine leisurely.

1  Thank doc2012

That first sentence really says it all! From duck to escargot and everything in between, we're thrilled that you've enjoyed our dishes, and that you've made us a part of so many special occasions. That's an honor! We can't wait to welcome you back to our table, but until then, thank you for the fantastic review!

Warm regards,

Reviewed May 9, 2014

My parents used to take me here often. It was great then, it's great now. Nobody prepares beef as well as they do. Be adventurous though and try many of their refined dishes.

Chris B, g60763-d425702-c5 at Le Perigord, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

It's always been a pleasure to make you and your family feel at home, Lia! Thank you, and please let us know if we can do anything to make your next meal even better!

Cheers,