“WHAT SNOBS!!!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 1st Avenue
Description: At 48 years old, Le Perigord features classic French cuisine in an elegant setting. Le Perigord just renovated the whole restaurant in 2011, don't forget to come in and take a look at our beautiful new decor.The New York Times calls it "a French restaurant the way French restaurants used to be;" complete with starched white linen tablecloths and exemplary service from wait staff in tuxedos. In addition to tableside service of Dover sole, duck a l'orange and rack of lamb, the traditional fare also includes such staples as individual beef Wellington, quenelles of pike, coquilles St Jacques and kidneys in mustard sauce, and don't forget to leave room for the fabulous souffles and the legendary "temptation trolley" of desserts which always includes such timeless favorites as tarte Tatin, chocolate mousse and floating islands. The extensive, award-wining wine list includes a fine selection of both old & recent vintages, all at sensible prices.
New York
“WHAT SNOBS!!!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I, and my 5 friends had lunch at Le Perigord today. We are all elderly, but quite with it! I arrived with my walker. There are two steps going into the dining room. A man approached me looking distressed and after I asked for help, he reluctantly took the walker down for me, and practically thru it into a room. The captain was dour and sour. He did not respond to my greeting. Looking around the room, all the captains were the same. They made us feel unwanted almost annoyed by our presence. The food was good but the atmosphere spoiled it for us. The waiters were very good.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank hilda b
Chris B, g60763-d425702-c5 at Le Perigord, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
This is very upsetting, Hilda. All of our guests should feel at home with us, and I'm terribly sorry that we fell short for you and your friends. The behavior you described is unacceptable, and I'll speak to our team about it immediately, but in the meantime, I hope you will give us another chance to better demonstrate our passion for outstanding service. Until then, thank you for bringing this to my attention. We will get to the bottom of this shortly.

Regards,
Georges Briguet - Le Perigord

Greenwich CT
“Great food and great service”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We came during restaurant week and what an all around treat we had! From the greeting we received at the front door to the perfect dry martini to the floating island, the entire experience was wonderful. We had the cold sea bass with a perfect sauce and the salmon. The Sancerre was nearly perfect. Will definitely return!!

• Visited July 2013
Lawrenceville, NJ
“Paris revisited”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a special dinner here this week. The room is a large rectangle, elegant, and reminiscent of New York 's elegant past. The prix fixe dinner is $65, steep but worth every penny. My better half had a zucchini blossom with truffles and mushrooms, followed by quail as the main course. I had gravlax followed by soft shell crab. We each had tarts, and left with happy memories. In a world gone edgy, this place reminds you of what true sophistication is.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Cohen_Jack
Great Barrington, Massachusetts
“#1 on the Jackie O tour”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This was the first restaurant I visited on my tour of restaurants I couldn't afford to go to when I was young and starting in the advertising business in NYC. The places that Jackie O might have visited. It was a great place to start. The food at Le Perogord was delicious; classic French prepared impeccably. Exactly what I hoped for when I went. The menu may seem dated to some people. But I loved it. The wine list was also quite good. The service was also great. The staff was quite attentive. They had to be, the clientele seemed to be a mix of geriatric regulars ("Who was that actor? Wasn't she in...), and high end tourists eager to show off their french to the waiters.

Le Perigord is a fly in amber. A place not to be missed, if you can afford it, for the food and the experience. It feels good to be the youngest person in the room, when you're 62.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Sinakil1
Merrick, New York
“Just like the good old days”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We have not eaten at LePerigord in about 30 years. To its credit the menu has not changed much except the prices. The classic french food was expertly prepared and the service was exemplary. It was wonderful to have real dover sole filleted table side and the taste was perfectly nutty. The mustard dressing was great. The beef bourginon
was passable but not tasty. The appetizers(oysters) and desserts were excellent. Wine list was fairly priced for an upper east side french and the service was professional

• Visited May 2013