“Average Italian restaurant.”

Lasagna Ristorante East Side
Ranked #3,764 of 13,551 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Corner of 50th St & 2nd Ave
Transit: Bus M15,M50 &M27 Train 6 to 51 & lex M & E to 53 7 Lex Or Yellow Cab
Description: Our first location opened in 1993. Soon after opening we earned a solid reputation for our great food and great service, always at a great price! We take pride in our management and friendly staff. Our homemade delicious food includes our specialty of 17 different lasagnas baked to order, veal, chicken, fish dishes and pastas of many nations. We also have a full service of wine, beer and liquor bar for our customers to enjoy.
New York City, New York
“Average Italian restaurant.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

We came here after Sofia's wine bar was packed beyond belief. The service was friendly, however by the end of our meal the staff began turning on the bright lights to cue customers that it was time to leave. There were at least ten people still in the restaurant.

We had spicy penne with chicken, which wasn't spicy, but more like a vodka sauce. I actually enjoyed it, but wasn't sure if it was the pasta or my Roquefort salad that upset my stomach when we got home.

Portions are generous. Ambiance is nothing special. This is more of a local casual spot I imagine.

• Turkish first
London, England
“Great ravioli!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

I had a really great meal here on my last day in New York recently. Some of the best mushroom ravioli I have ever had - fresh pasta with jutst aout the right amount of sauce. Really delicious. it was such a hot day we sat in the open window - perfect. Really great place and will visit again.

• Visited October 2012
Zionsville, Indiana
“Great little Italian Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Really enjoyed the wine, food and service. And what is so unlike NYC - the prices were reasonable!! Really good food and you didn't have to go into the national debt to pay for it! I would definitely recommend this restaurant for anyone who doesn't like spending money on a restaurant's name or Zagat rating vs. just a really good quality meal!

• Visited September 2012
Los Angeles, CA
“Fun concept, solid food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Came here when my girlfriend, a friend of ours and I were hungry and looking for a relaxed place. My mom makes the best lasagna in the world, so I'm particularly picky about it. I had the seafood lasagna with fra diavolo, which was quite impressive. The individual sized lasagnas are a fantastic idea and great for a city that is always eating out.

• Visited October 2011
Connecticut
“Don't go out of your way to come here.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

I don't want to under-sell this place. If it's your neighborhood go-to standby for Friday night or when you suddenly decide to go out and you love your lasagna and like me you love sidewalk dining...and you don't want trendy, fancy or to pay typical NYC prices....then God bless you. You get old-style Italian and plenty of it. But if you are more than two blocks away or visiting NYC from out of town, there are dozens of better choices.

I ended up here because I was walking in the rain at 9 pm and wanted more than a sandwich or burger.

Was surprised to read reviews very critical of the service. The service was maybe the best part. And the glass of Malbec.

So what to order from the extensive menu?...Well, the name of the place is Lasagna so you have to order it. There are 20 types (40 if you count the option of whole wheat pasta for $3 more). I had the whole wheat with ground veal. It's good. Hearty, tasty and old fashioned. I also must mention the appetizer, sliced portabella mushrooms over arugala. Excellent...and enough for two. The free garlic bread that comes with was not worth the price! It's more like pesto bread and was crunchy but not warm. They need to reconsider it.

The place looks fancy but then you hear the blaring music of The Police and see the tv at the bar that can be seen throughout the room.

• Visited September 2012