“Superb!”
Review of Maloney & Porcelli

Maloney & Porcelli
Reserve with OpenTable
Maloney & Porcelli is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #512 of 13,633 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between Park and Madison
Transit: 6 train, 51st Street station. D & F Trains, Rockefeller Center Station.
Aberdeen
“Superb!”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Had a fantastic meal here a few weeks ago. Steaks were sublime - my husband and I shared the Porterhouse and it was unbelievably tasty and tender. My son had the pork crackling joint and was dumbstruck by its size but again a winner. We wasted this fantastic meal a bit as it was our first night of a week's holiday and we were all a bit shattered, and in hindsight I would have kept this special meal till our last night but wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone. In fact, someone we recommended it to has since been and they agree with us, the steak is to die for!

• Visited April 2014

• Korean first
Elkhart, Indiana
“Perfect Fit”
Reviewed April 23, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We were only in the bar to have a few drinks and watch the NCAA championship basketball game. We had perfect seats, perfect service and perfect drinks. The ambiance of the dining room is inviting and we liked the menu and wine selections. We will be back when in NYC again.

Visited April 2014
NJ
“Sticker Shock”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Yes, I know it’s Manhattan & prices tend to trend upward but we went to a pre-fix dinner: $79 pp + tax 7 tip for an appetizer, dinner, desert & all the wine you could drink yet dinner for 5 cost us almost $700. Although nobody left sober, it wasn’t an amazing dinner.

For the most part everybody liked the appetizers. The portions were rather generous. Two of us split the porterhouse, which had no flavor. The special Bronson Pinchot steak which is prepared in a big show table side was swimming in sauce, to the point the sauce overwhelmed the otherwise lackluster meat. The lobster was good. The spicy steak was the best entrée; even (over)cooked the way my husband likes it, this cut was tender & flavorful. N.B. The side dishes are extra and the servings are small. The table split three which in a steak house should have been more than enough but everybody barely got a few mouthfuls.

The space is nice – two floors of dining, rich woods, gracious service with a very midtown after work crowd. Arriving shortly before 7 as the 1st of my party, I could barely edge my way up to the bar. That was my 1st mistake. One round of drinks, 5 in all, cost me $80 with tip. Yikes.

If I went back, I would not get a drink at the bar 1st & I’d skip everything that wasn’t included.

• Visited April 2014
Yonkers, New York
“Couples night out”
Reviewed April 7, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

They have a great offer after 8pm that involves an appetizer, entree, dessert, and unlimited wine for $79.99. Other hours this is definitely a special occasion restaurant, because it doesn't come cheap. We loved everything though, and the signiture M&P 75 cocktail is wonderful!

Visited April 2014
london
“Great find!”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We really enjoyed our meal at Maloney & Porcelli. Dining is a little hit and miss in New York but this definitely was a hit! The steak was of course HUGE but was also incredibly well cooked and was really good quality meat, absolutely fantastic! The service was also great, friendly but not false like in so many New York eateries. Would defiantly go back! Oh and the wine was also superb.

• Visited March 2014