“Massive, tasty steaks”
Review of Maloney & Porcelli

Maloney & Porcelli
Reserve with OpenTable
Maloney & Porcelli is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #403 of 14,144 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between Park and Madison
Transit: 6 train, 51st Street station. D & F Trains, Rockefeller Center Station.
Reviewed September 23, 2013

First time here. Went based on Tripadvisor recommendation and wasn't disappointed. Sirloin was perfectly done and tasty. Service was super attentive. Not cheap but worth the money.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Classy joint. The wait staff is top notch. I had the pork shank, which was actually a bit underwhelming. The enormous portion was served with a knife sticking out of it, which makes for dramatic presentation, but the pork was actually a bit dry. It's served with a delicious jalapeno apple sauce. The drinks are excellent, and the dessert was fabulous (I had the creme brulee).

Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Great food and great service! Probably the best tasting steak I ever had! We like to try different restaurants when visiting NYC but this is one that I will have to come back too!

Reviewed September 13, 2013

For a wonderful meal with attentive, impeccable service you cannot miss this restaurant. The atmosphere is classic and reserved and the food will not disappoint. Yes, it's pricey but well worth it now and then. We will return.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

During the first evening of our latest visit NYC we came upon Maloney & Porcelli on our way back to our hotel from Rockerfeller Center. It's kind of an old school steak and seafood restaurant of which there still appears to be lots of in the Midtown area of Manhattan. While it looks like an upscale place you won't be out of place in casual attire. I was in my vacation garb, shorts and untucked short sleeve shirt and they didn't turn me away, albeit my wife and daugther were much better dressed than I was. We were seated on the upper level which is definitely quieter than the main floor.

The menu is not cheap but the food was excellent with very good presentation. We had the ceasar salad, gnocchi appetizer, lobster bisque soup, salmon and short rib entrees with side dishes of mashed potato and spinach. Everything is "a la carte" so your bill will add up. That being said, the side dishes are substantial and can easily be shared among 3 people. Their ceasar salad presentation was especially unique.

We shared the red velvet cake for desert and it was excellent. If you're a red wine drinker I would especially recommend the Byron - Pinor Noir which they offer by the glass.

All in all, we had a great diner with very good service.