“A warm, inviting place to stop by for a drink”
Review of Neary's Pub

Neary's Pub
Ranked #1,683 of 13,936 Restaurants in New York City
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed February 17, 2013

A terrifc place to stop and have a drink on a cold night. Warm and inviting. Friendly staff. More mature type of crowd.

There are newer reviews for Neary's Pub

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Neary's was recommended to us by a very good friend and from the moment we walked in, we were impressed. James Neary introduced himself with his thick Irish brogue and seated us in a big, round, red, upholstered booth and reminded us he has done this for the past 46 years. We started with a lovely and reasonably priced Chateauneuf du Pape. James recommended the lamb chops, which I truly enjoyed as they were prepared perfectly to my liking, Mirinka had the Calves Liver with bacon and onions which she raved about. Our server Mary was very attentive and made the experience that much more pleasurable. We were dressed "elegantly casual". There was no issue about me not wearing a jacket although I will be wearing one next time. The prices are reasonable, the menu and specials diverse. I would recommend Neary's Pub to anyone who is in the city.

1  Thank StephenPicardi
Reviewed August 18, 2012

After reviewing others reviews we walked a fair distance to Neary's from the Omni Berkshire. Upon entering we were immediately told they couldn't serve us as I failed to meet their dress code. I'm 69 years old and was dressed in a nice collared shirt and dress shorts. In an almost nasty manner my wife and I were treated poorly and without apology escourted to the door. Apparently no matter how well I looked, the shorts kept me out. Clearly their dress code will exclude many diners and maybe that's why it wasn't well attended. So if you want a snooty place, go for it. If you want a nice meal, walk down 2nd Avenue and you will see plenty of places that are nice and who will welcome you without exclusion. August 17th was our visit. After inquiring at other places, Neary's has been like this for some time according to other restaurants and Pub's in the area.

4  Thank raberdon
Reviewed August 11, 2012

This pub is on Upper East Side is delightful from its homey environment and down to earth friendly staff. This is considered a neighborhood gem with lots of regulars who frequent the place. Best entree by far is the lamb chops! Generous portions of this home style cooking keeps people coming back for more.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

It felt like our home pub. Simple, low-key and unpretentious.

1  Thank TheSurfchaser