“Excellent Flavour”
Review of Sparks Steak House

Sparks Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Sparks Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #196 of 14,285 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Avenues
Transit: Nearest Transit: Grand Central - 42 St (7, 7X), Grand Central - 42 St (4, 5, 6, 6X), 51 St (4, 6, 6X).
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Great tasting steak done to perfection.Good ambience like the good old aye. Good friendly service with authentic looking waiters in there white shirts and black ties. Not cheap but well worth the money.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,162)

Reviewed July 23, 2014

This is probably one of the best steak houses in the world! The flavor of steak here is unique, and the quality is really high. However, during my recent few visits, I noticed that overall service has decreased significantly. This is the kind of restaurant where waiters expect 18 to 20% as a tip, but they really don't do much to deserve it. They just take for granted that is "your obligation" to tip them, but it is not "their obligation" and part of his job to take care of their customers. There are a few exceptions as always, but waiters there must reconsider their attitude.

Be prepared to pay US100 p/p.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

I booked Sparks based on many review resources I found on the internet and booked for my family, two adults and two kids (13 & 10). The place was a lot bigger than I expected and very busy but well organised. I had this feeling of being on the set of The Sopranos and I liked it. Our waiter was fantastic especially with the kids. We knew the steaks would be massive so skipped the starters. The kids split a sirloin, which was no problem and we had sirloin and a fillet. Steak was one of the best I have ever had and I've had quite a few. Hash browns are amazing. Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We went here as a large group 25+ and quite frankly Sparks were the only guys who would entertain a group of this size while not sticking us away in a room, unable to enjoy the ambiance of this Restaurant. There are numerous fantastic Steak joints in Manhattan and the surrounding boroughs but what set Sparks apart was their willingness to accommodate us. Sure we paid for that but we knew we would have to. The restaurant itself is beautifully appointed and decorated in that old world charm that takes one back to what made these places famous all those years ago. More importantly the Steak was great and the service could not have been better. This was a great experience but truly in the future I think I would get a set menu as to try and get that many people to make their minds up on that many choices is inviting trouble and frustration.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Our dinner at Sparks was the highlight of our trip to NYC. It is an old-school classic New York restaurant. Not cheap by any means but you get what you pay for and we did. Our steaks (prime sirloin) were fantastic!!! No one could finish and we all took home doggy-bags. We ordered several sides and we all shared. Very generous pours on the wines by the glass and their wine menu was the largest I've ever seen - amazing!

Great service, steaks & and 1940's ambiance. Loved everything about this restaurant and will return again.

2  Thank ButIdontWantTo