“Great steak and service”
Review of Sparks Steak House

Sparks Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Sparks Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #244 of 13,684 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Avenues
Transit: Nearest Transit: Grand Central - 42 St (7, 7X), Grand Central - 42 St (4, 5, 6, 6X), 51 St (4, 6, 6X).
East Meadow, New York
“Great steak and service”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We were there this past Saturday night. After reading some reviews about the service we were a little concerned. To our surprise, service was excellent. Food was great but I would have hoped that somebody had mention about the portion sizes. Steaks were huge. Neither my husband or I could finish it. He had the sirloin and I had the filet. They were perfectly cooked and delicious! The Cesar salad was also delicious and refreshing. For dessert we had the fresh berries a la mode. Outstanding! Good mix of fresh berries! What a treat! Would definitely go back. A little pricey but worth it. We had a great time!

1 Thank alicea97

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York
“TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE - TERRIBLE”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I went here last night with old friends - it is a meat factory - it reminded me of when I use to take my kids to the mall and we would eat at the cheesecake factory and they would give me a beeper when my table was ready - the place was MOBBED - we went to the bar and ordered drinks, they were terrible - no vodka in them, - I ordered a Filet Mignon medium rare - it came out walking - I sent it back three times - it was the WORST cut of meat I ever ate - Do not waste your money here - there are SOOOOOOOO many other good steak houses in New York -

“Great steak”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We recently ate at sparks steakhouse for the first time. The service was excellent. The bread they brought out was a yellow color like egg bread and was a bit dry. We got an appetizer of the broiled shrimp in butter which was outstanding, the shrimp were tender and perfectly cooked and the herb butter was delicious. The salads were very good: both chopped and spinach. But the main event was the entrees. 2 of us got the house special aged sirloin and it was perfectly cooked and possibly the most flavorful steak I've ever tasted. The other entrée was the broiled lobster, a four and a half pound beast. It was the best ever. Would definitely go back only downside was pricing but hey it's New York

Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Superb steak restaurant”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Really good steak restaurant - atmospheric and about as historic as New York gets.
HUGE portion sizes, almost too big, one of the few places that have really got a steak exactly as I like it.
Service brisk and VERY NEw York ..

Visited November 2013
Albany, New York
“Too Overhyped”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Was recommended by a friend, the whole experience from coat check on was disappointing. Limited menu for a steak house, big push on the sirloin steak,I like a delmonico, not on menu. Average steak fifty bucks, with no sides! We ordered a caesar salad , warm and limp and dry not good, for twelve dollars, also ordered the sauteed mushrooms, way overcooked for twelve dollars, I asked the waiter to take them off the bill, he said some people like them that way, I doubt it. Steak big but not that tasty. The highlight was the Irish coffee after dinner very nice with homemade whipped cream, fifteen dollars each. I like a good steak, but for a two hundred and fifty dollar tab. NYC has better steakhouses to visit.